Thread: RE: Problem with Junkmail filter popping up in Your Outlook Program while running ZA Free

Default RE: Problem with Junkmail filter popping up in Your Outlook Program while running ZA Free

There is a bug in the latest version having to do with the email protection/scanning modules. When you download the free version you actually are downloading the entire Pro version with all the premium features turned off. Somehow the email protection which is not even a part of the free version is activating and installing. I will check with the other gurus and see what can be done besides continuing to remove the "Mail Buddy" add in when it pops up. I run the suite with the Junk mail filter turned off and just last night my Outlook 2003 program ended up with the junk mail toolbar installed. I opened up the Outlook ..Tools>OPtions>Other>Add in manager menu option and found Mail Buddy program in my Add-in list. I removed it and for added insurance turned off the e-mail attachment protection for both inbound and outbound mail as well. The antivirus engine will continue to protect my email from malware in attachments.(I know you can't do that in ZA free.) One work around I have heard about is to download and install the ZA Pro Trial version and use it's configuration window to turn off the email protection and Junk mail filter. When the 14 trial days are up if you don't buy a license the Pro version should revert to the free version with the mail protection disabled now.We will all have to continue to work around this problem until a fix for it is released. I know for sure that tech support is looking into this problem but I am unsure of exactly when releif will be available.

Message Edited by ledoc on 04-03-2007 11:55 AM

mrrobby Guest

Default Re: RE: Problem with Junkmail filter popping up in Your Outlook Program while running ZA Free

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. This is really annoying.

Default Re: RE: Problem with Junkmail filter popping up in Your Outlook Program while running ZA Free

There is now a work around posted at the top of this board.or use this link....http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8241

mrrobby Guest

Thanks a bunch! But a note to FF users... click the workaround link from IE.

<blockquote><hr>ledoc wrote:
    There is now a work around posted at the top of this board.

or use this link....

http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8241
    <hr></blockquote>

Thread Information