Thread: Outlook Error Reporting to Zonelabs - How to do it.

portellen Guest

Default Outlook Error Reporting to Zonelabs - How to do it.

Had this back from the techies at Zonealarm. Perhaps those who have problems can respond. Takes a little time to upload.

Thank you for your response. We are currently investigating this on a small number of machines. In order to help determine what may be happening, we are asking users who are experiencing this issue to submit error logs to our development team for further review.

To temporarily fix the problem, disable the junk email filter. To do this, open Zone Alarm, email protection, on/off junk mail filter

If you could submit the error logs to us in the following way, we can investigate further and develop a fix:

1.) Start the Zone Labs software and open it (maximize)
    2.) Hold down the ALT+CTRL Key and double click on the Zone Labs icon in
    the upper left corner.
    3.) Enter your email address
    4.) Enter your technical support case number:
    5.) Make sure to check the ?Submit all files? checkbox
    6.) Click on Submit. This submission may take a while, depending on the
    connection speed.

Hope this helps.

Port Ellen

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by portellen on 04-03-200702:21 PM

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by portellen on 04-03-200702:31 PM

not_so_pleased Guest

Default Re: Outlook Error Reporting to Zonelabs - How to do it.

Sounds lovely...

HOWEVER!

I suggest that the misbegotten add-in called Mail Frontier be immediately be pulled out of ZoneAlarm's free firewall application.

It was NOT asked for... and it installs without permission granted by the user!!

Call it bloatware... crudware... (one step shy of spyware)!!

The fact that it infects Outlook with an unasked for toolbar is simply inexcuseable.... and the fact that it crashes Outlook for a large number of users ... is even worse.

To be honest ... I have loved ZoneAlarm as a free Firewall for many years... and would have bought into the anti-virus ... if my ISP did not supply that service for free to myself and the subscriber base. However, since the recent upgrade mutilated one of my systems and probably thousands of others... I am not_so_pleased!

Please fix this idiotic error immediately... For god's sake ... i know you cannot check compatibility with every application in windows... but OUTLOOK !!! is a basic tool that 3/4 of the world uses for EMAIL.

And yes i have heard that ZA personnel do not review the forums... BS! if the forums are on their site ... they are responsible for content therein. Of course they check forums... they just do not usually post in these forums...

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR A PUBLIC STATEMENT OF APOLOGY FROM ZONEALARM AND THE TIMETABLE THEY EXPECT TO RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM WITHIN.

ThankYou for your attention,

not_so_pleased

Thread Information