Thread: ZoneAlarm Junk Email folder not present - Folder deleted my mistake from Outlook

Hybrid View

norwood Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Junk Email folder not present - Folder deleted my mistake from Outlook

By mistake, I deleted the ZoneAlarm Junk email folder from my Outlook folders.
    How do you add a ZoneAlarm Junk Email Folder Back into the Folders list and have it work with ZoneAlarm anti Spam?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

britneyluvr Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Junk Email folder not present - Folder deleted my mistake from Outlook

It should re-create it automatically next time it starts up.

zaswing Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Junk Email folder not present - Folder deleted my mistake from Outlook

ZA free has junk mail folder that's useable ? ?

britneyluvr Guest

Oops! Sorry! I missed that.....

norwood Guest

ZA free has junk mail folder that's useable ?
    This sentence does not make sence to me.
    Please explane.

zaswing Guest

Sorry, Norwood, I was actually replying to BritneyLuvr and ended up confusing you.
    Here is my explanation: my understanding is that ZA free does not actually use the Mailfronteer application which monitors mails and puts them in the ZA junk folder. So I am surprised that the Zone Alarm Junk Mail folder was even created.
    Guessing further, I would think that it makes no difference that you deleted it if it can't be used.
    Have you had problems described here?http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8241

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 04-11-200704:25 PM

norwood Guest

I was able to get my folder back and it worked fine for a while.
    However, I was suprised to see the ZA disapear from the toolbar.
    Do you know why it was there and now it is gone?
    I am guessing that the free version dones not inclue this feature, but how would it know how to delete the feature when it existed previously?
    Also, it may be possible that Outlook uninstalled it.
    What do you think?

Thread Information