Thread: Privacy Filter and Cookie Control

tipbob Guest

Default Privacy Filter and Cookie Control

Greetings,
    If I'm posting to the wrong group please excuse me.
    I've had ZonePro on my machines for years now, but I'm having a problem ZonePro that started last week.
    The firewall appears to lock on the url for the last site that I visited, e.g. I have some trusted sites that I allow more access than others.
    However, if I connected to Google, for example, and then go to on of my trusted sites or another site I get privacy notices that cookies are being blocked.
    When I check, the indicated site is the first site that I visited, not the current site.
    I have tried deleting RDB files in Internet Logs and reinitializing but the problem still exists.
    Is this control by a registry setting or what?
    Do I need to re-install Zone?
    The specifics:
    Windows XP-pro SP2IE7Zone Alarm Pro - 7.0.337.000
    Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Privacy Filter and Cookie Control

Hi!it is the first time I heard about this problem... not sure what has happen...If you have already reset your database then I would suggest a clean uninstall/re-install.To clean uninstall, please follow closely this instruction (keep nopte of your license):http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlDouble check that the following folders are no in your system (if they are please remove them):C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs
    C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs
    C:\windows\system32\zonealarm or
    C:\windows\system32\zonelabs
    Run a registry/system cleaner (e.g. www.ccleaner.com)Download a fresh installer and reinstall ZA, please follow this instruction:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...structZAP.htmlIf all the above fails, please contact ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-12-2007 01:39 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tipbob Guest

Default Re: Privacy Filter and Cookie Control

fax,
    Thanks for the information.
    I'll give it a shot today and let you know.
    Have a great day!

tipbob Guest

Default Re: Privacy Filter and Cookie Contro

fax,
    Well I removed ZAP and re-installed it.
    All went fine (and thanks for the pointer to the CCleaner - that's a very nice implementation of a registry cleaner), but now it would appear that it isn't working at all.
    Cookies are not being blocked and I can get in to my secure sites.
    But even though I have cookie control set to medium, no sites are being added to the site list.
    I'll try deleting the database files (RDB) in Internet Logs and letting the system rebuild.
    If that doesn't work I'll contact Zone as you suggested.
    Thanks again and have a great day!

britneyluvr Guest

Default Re: Privacy Filter and Cookie Contro

Also, try turning all privacy settings to OFF, reboot, and turn them back on. That kickstarts it sometimes. Good luck!

Thread Information