Thread: FREE ZoneAlarm user with Outlook?Anti-spam problems

radioman Guest

Default FREE ZoneAlarm user with Outlook?Anti-spam problems

I have the inadvertant Anti-spam enabled problems to which you refer since downloading ZA version 7. It seems to be causing all sorts of problems with my system (I have a PC operating with Windows XP Home, Outlook 2000 and Windows Internet Explorer 7)
    I have tried clicking the link you have provided. When I click "Run" as directed a window opens titled mf_off[1] - Notepad with the following message:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outloo k\Addins\MlfOutlookAddin.MlfAddin]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000002
    If I either close or minimize the window nothing further happens. How do I get past this?
    Help!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

kgam Guest

Default Re: FREE ZoneAlarm user with Outlook?Anti-spam problems

I am also having these problems.
    I actually use ZoneAlarm Pro on 2 of my work machines (free on this one on a few others at the house), but may stop using it on all of them because of the email and system problems the recent update to the free program is causing.
    On the machine with the most problems, I am running the free version of ZoneAlarm, XP Pro and Outlook 2003.
    I have the email and anti-virus protection turned off in ZoneAlarm, but the email protection keeps trying to run.
    When it runs, it will process messages and pulls a substantial number of good emails into its junk email folder.
    If I click close on the ZA email processing popup, it causes an Outlook error and forces Outlook to close instantly (often causing me to lose a lot of work).
    This has caused me to stop ZA from loading at startup, but even without ZA running, the email scan still runs and still causes problems.
    Will you please help......?

ldynblk Guest

I am also having the issue. When I click on the link I get a page saying:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outloo k\Addins\MlfOutlookAddin.MlfAddin]
    "LoadBehavior"=dword:00000002'

There is no run to click on. I want this issue resolved.

ldynblk Guest

I was able to resolve my issue. First I allowed scripts in Firefox, no joy. I disabled No Script and reopened browser Firefox still no joy. I opened i/e 6 went to the site clicked on the link, got the prompts and was able to complete running the file. I restarted and the Mail Filter is gone. It would be nice if it was mentioned it had to be run from Internet Explorer. I never use it any more.

naivemelody Guest

Are you running another type of web browser other than Microsoft's
    Internet Explorer
    6 or
    Internet Explorer 7??
    Like Firefox or Opera,etc. You must use IE6 or IE7 - if you want to use the link below, then it will work, plus shutdown either Webroot SpySweeper and/or PCTools SpyDoctor, for good measure. Remember to turn back Webroot and/or PCTools afterwards. This link is for those who have installed ZA 7 Free version and are having problems with OutLook and Outlook Express with(ZA mailsafe,ZA anti-spam,ZA mail frontier) inadvertently enabled with ZA 7 Free.<hr>Some users of free ZoneAlarm have inadvertently had Anti-spam enabled. This can cause interference with Outlook and Outlook Express, or possibly with Outlook crashes.
    To turn off the anti-spam filtering, please click on the following link. Select Run. Once it runs, you will get a popup asking if you really wish to add this information to the registry, click Yes. Then reboot your system. Antispam should now be disabled.
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ier/mf_off.reg
    We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Zone Labs
    Support

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:
    7.0<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 4-12-07~2:28am e.s.t. - Some kind of wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad

Thread Information