Thread: How do I stop ad. appearing in new tab

bsw Guest

Default How do I stop ad. appearing in new tab

I'm using ZASS7 and IE7 on XP Pro SP2.
    Recently a property site that I visit has started popping up ads. in new tabs and shifting the focus to that window. It's **bleep**ed annoying. Is there a setting in ZA I can use to stop it ?
    Thanks
    bsw

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: How do I stop ad. appearing in new tab

Hi!try to customise privacy settings for that site under the site list of the ZA privacy control.If you alredy have ad-blocking active, try to block mobile code... one by one... starting from block javascript, if its not enough, also block scripts, if its not enough, also block activex and so on... up to when you will not see the pop-up.Please see here: http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlhow to customise privacy settings (via the right click options) for the site.Warning: the blocking mobile code could make the site notloading correctly...Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bsw Guest

Hi Fax,
    thanks for your reply, the link was useful. I didn't realise that you could have different settings for each site or that you could access the setting page from privacy advisor. I'll give it a go as you suggest but I think it will be difficult the site needs a lot of privilages before it will work anyway. At the moment it seems to interpret any mouse click on the main page, e.g. to change search criteria
    or select a property to view, as an invitation to open a new page/tab which is just an advert.
    Cheers
    bsw
    P.S. I've been watching the upgrade page and you and some of the other gurus have been doing a fine job helping folk who have had problems with upgrading to V.7.
    Hope they (and ZA) appreciate it. My set-up is working fine ATM even alongside SD5

Hi!Yep, privacy control in ZA is pretty powerful... not known to many :8}And...thank you very for the appreciation of the GURUs work!!Indeed blocking active content will most probably have an ill effect on the page itself....You should complain to the developers of the page Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information