Thread: Outlook 2007 - Missing ZASS Spam Toolbar Add In

allanwhite Guest

Default Outlook 2007 - Missing ZASS Spam Toolbar Add In

After updating its Anti-Virus and Spyware profiles over the weekend (5-28-2007) the SASS's Outlook 2007 anti-spam tools bars simply disappeared.This happened immediately after the "update". I have not made ANY changes to my Outlook 2007 settings.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: Outlook 2007 - Missing ZASS Spam Toolbar Add In

Hi!have you tried to look into "disable items" (under the help --> Disable items) and see if Mailbuddy is there...Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

allanwhite Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 - Missing ZASS Spam Toolbar Add In - SOLVED

Mailbuddy is actually is NOT visible from the Help-->Disabled dialog in Outlook 2007.
    However, I finally did locate Mailbuddy under Outlook 2007's Tools--> Trust Center --> COM Add Ins pull down menu.You were right:Mailbuddy WAS disabled.
    After enabling Mailbuddy, SASS's Outlook 2007 Toolbar is now active again. Thanks you for your help!

I have two suggestions for ZA:
    1) Rename mail buddy to include "ZA" so a user can quickly associate it with the ZA product. (Outlook 2007 has very many COM add ins and can get a bit confusing)2) Examine ZASS's AV and anti-spy ware file updating script to prevent it from disabling Mail buddy during an update cycle.
    Thanks again!
    Cheers,

Allan White

Your're welcome!Glad to hear you managed to solve the issue.I have only seen the mailbuddy disapperaringwhen outlook does not close properly or when I shutdown the system without closingoutlook before.For the rest, I am not aware about anyproblems or relationshipwith AV/AS updates andthe ZA junk mail.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

billinski Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 - Missing ZASS Spam Toolbar Add In

This happened to me also, but with Outlook 2003.I tried in vain to uninstall and re-install ZoneAlarm, cleaning registry and recycle bins and all sorts prior to install. Outlook did not only fail to show the ZA toolbar, but ZA never scanned email either.
    Simple solution in Outlook 2003, alaong similar lines to what has been posted for Outlook 2007 is:-
    Tools =&gt; Options =&gt; Other =&gt; Advanced Options =&gt; COM Add-Ins =&gt; ....<ul>[*]If there is a Mailbuddy shown there, Remove it[*]Add ....<ul>[*]Browse to C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier[*]Select &quot;MlfOE.dll&quot; which is the DLL that handles spam filter[*]Ensure it gets checked and then OK out of the Outlook options[/list][/list]

Now the ZA toolbar will be installed, and the ZA folders within the Personal Folders tree

jbendel Guest

I've gone through the procedure and it does not work for me. OL2007 refuses to allow me to install a dll file, it looks for an exe.
    What exe file should I use? It's not obvious since there are none in the folder where the dll lives.
    Thanks in advance.
    John

Thread Information