Thread: Free Zone Alarm, Anti-spam in Outlook 2003 causing problems

ohaupocass Guest

Default Free Zone Alarm, Anti-spam in Outlook 2003 causing problems

Hi, I am having problems with The Zone Alarm anti-spam application in my Outlook 2003, I cannot sem to turn it off,I never had an option to have it on or off, and I have read the forums and cant find a fix.Now when I restart my computer i get a pop-up from Zone
    Labs asking to purchase my copy and i cant
    connect to
    my Outlook servers, my
    hosting company tells me
    there must be a conflict with the zone-alarm application, can anybody please help.I have
    just sent an error report.Thankscass

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

ohaupocass Guest

Default Re: Free Zone Alarm, Anti-spam in Outlook 2003 causing problems

Hi, I have resolved this problem, I didnt realise it was a 3rd party app,and I was busy looking for zonelabs or zonealarm,when in fact the faulty application is something called 'mailbuddy'?? not much of a buddy,thanks anyway,if anybody else is having similar problems use tools/options/other/advanced/com add ins and remove the mailbuddy.thanks

naivemelody Guest

If you should have any further problems you may want to take a look at this issue, that has plagued some of new ZA 7x Free users. From the Official Information board.<hr>Some users of free ZoneAlarm have inadvertently had Anti-spam enabled. This can cause interference with Outlook and Outlook Express, or possibly with Outlook crashes.
    To turn off the anti-spam filtering, please click on the following link. Select Run. Once it runs, you will get a popup asking if you really wish to add this information to the registry, click Yes. Then reboot your system. Antispam should now be disabled.
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ier/mf_off.reg
    We apologize for any inconvenience. Please note that this link works best with Internet Explorer, and may or may not work with other browsers. If you use a different browser, see the Browser Help for how to save this file to your hard drive, then run it from there.
    ZoneAlarm
    Support

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:
    7.0<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 5-30-07

ohaupocass Guest

Hi, I tried that earlier, maybe you should check it? As the link took me to a page with nothing on it to run,just a HKey registry description,what are you supposed to do there?I checked the source and the info and could find no clues to what it is about.Thanks

ohaupocass Guest

Teribly sorry, I should have read your entire post, I was using Mozilla Firefoz browser which obviously doesnt workI found the app once I tried it in IE7
    ,My apologies

Thread Information