Thread: Somebody is using my email to send messages

Hybrid View

chucklieber Guest

Default Somebody is using my email to send messages

I have noticed over the last month that I have been receiving mail delivery failures for addresses that I have never mailed to.
    I changed my sending instructions on my Zone Alarm and Outlook Express to send only 1 email at a time and to hold them in my outbox until I click the send/receive button.
    I have been finding mail in the out box that says it is being sent by my address but it is not mine.
    How do I stop this?
    I have run my Zone Alarm virus sweep and spyware sweep and my Webroot Spysweeper and that doesnt seem to turn up anything.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Default Re: Somebody is using my email to send messages

Hi!unfortunately almost anyone can send an e-mail with whatever e-mail address contained...So e-mail of the sender can be easily faked... this look like SPAM.What to do? Not much apart from deleting the e-mail you have received....Something you can do is to look to the headers of that e-mail to understand from which server was sent... and compare it with your headerswhen you send an e-mail...likely its not the same server he is using... but hearders can also be faked. Which version of ZASS are you using, if not on version 7, try to scan for viruses using the Kaspersky online web scanner: http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerYou find latest ZASS versionhere: http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/If you want to install ZASS you first need to remove any other antivirus/antispyware installed on your computer (they may create conflicts and other serious malfunctions). You can install them back afterwards if you really need to.....Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information