Thread: Design program has email options, turn on email access for it?

Hybrid View

tekncl_kwestyn Guest

Default Design program has email options, turn on email access for it?

I use Cabinet Vision design software, and want to allow it full access for all options. There are two areas where there's an email option. In the Automatic Database backup utility, there's an option to zip up and email the database and one job. In the second case, when you have a job open there's an option to email the job under the "file" menu. Should I turn on email access in the program control area?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Design program has email options, turn on email access for it?

Hi!Does the cabinet vision use its own mail client to send mail?Most likely not but it will use the default mail client to send it. So, there is no need to give the software the mail access in program control. Please note that the first 21 days the autolearn will set automatically permission for the software.... just try to use the e-mail function while in learning mode and if it need mail permission the firewall will give it automatically.When you are no sure which kind of permission a software needs.. just leave a "?" into program control. If the software need access ZA will pop-up (if not in leaning mode)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tekncl_kwestyn Guest

Nope, it uses the default email client to send mail.
    Since
    I've monkeyed with all the settings in program control, then I've obviously messed with the autolearning feature haven't I?
    What do I do to get that back?
    I'm still learning what to do and what not to do, so I've messed with a bunch of stuff without knowing what I was doing....

Hi!just be sure that ZA program control is set to "auto-learn"After 21 days it will set itself to maximum... and you may receive some pop-ups... from software that triggers the ZA OSfirewall (not part of the autolearn)Also check that programs in the programs control --> programs ---> have smartdefense set to AUTO (some of them will be set to 'system'... its normal). If they are set to "custom", autolearn as well as smartdefense will not work for them.Better you have a close look to the manual, you will find al lot of useful information as well as troubleshooting problems.Cheers,Fax

tekncl_kwestyn Guest

Thanks,
    I've been reading the manual since yesterday. I'm a bit slow on the uptake and get similar terms mixed up, but it's slowly making sense.
    My biggest concerns are allowing the design program all the access it needs
    to the network, and not confusing our users with ZA
    so much.
    I can't afford for the design program or user
    PC's
    to slow down any more than
    they already are, and can't afford for the users to be bogged down with ZA either...So I'm trying to learn all I can on my machine before I install it on everyone else's.

tekncl_kwestyn Guest

You wrote:
    Also check that programs in the programs control --> programs ---> have smartdefense set to AUTO (some of them will be set to 'system'... its normal). If they are set to "custom", autolearn as well as smartdefense will not work for them.
    I'm wondering how I can get the default settings back so that I can allow ZA to autolearn? I've manually changed a lot of programs - possibly even
    some system programs, in an effort to make sure my system doesn't bog down, and my design program doesn't bog down.
    Not sure I should wait 21 days to intall this on everyone's computer either...

Hi!if you are not sure how to revert to original default settings... just uninstall and reinstall.Fax

Thread Information