ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:6.5.737.000
    TrueVector version:6.5.737.000
    Driver version:6.5.737.000
    Anti-virus Vet engine version:11.9.1.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:11.9.9815.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.63.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200707.1985
    AntiSpam version:4.8.2.7565

using WIn-Xp Pro SP2 and Outlook 2007 for email. After a problem free install I found Outlook had new Junk Mail/Phishing Folders and a new Junk Mail Toolbar. However now suddenly after a reboot the toolbar is missing.

Right clicking does not show it nor did problem cure after a reinstall.

Please help - thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

hegg Guest

Default Re: Junk Mail Toolbar Missing!

I too have developed this problem. Have you managed to sort this one out yet? I would be grateful if you would let me know the solution if you have it.

Check in the add ins section in outlook and make sure that the ZA filter has been added in.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

hegg Guest

I have tried almost all the fixes I could find on this site without much success. The only thing that has worked was a complete re-installation of Microsoft Office (I'm using Office 2000). ZA has crashed my PC a few times since mainly due to the Identity Protection facility. I put my e-mail addresses in the Vault and was hoping just to click on 'remember this setting' when it threw up an alert after I had sent an e-mail -
    but instead when I clicked 'allow' for the alert i got the BSOD with an IRQL DRIVER NOTLESS THAN OR EQUAL message. I had to take out the e-mail addreses from the vault and now it seems OK. I have re-booted a couple of times and the mail filter toolbar is still there.
    Can anyone tell me why, even though I had ticked the 'search for updates automatically' box in ZA, it did not tell me there was a new version of ZA released?
    Indeed there were 2 newer versions than the one I had (7.0.337). I only accidentally came across them while searching for solutions to other problems.

Hi!adding your e-mail address to your vault will create huge number of false positive, not really recommended as well as introducing short IDs (three or four characters).Updates for 337 have not been activated, just wait for the automatic ZA notification. It is the best strategy to avoid any issue with ZA updates.ZA staff is very careful with ZA updates and will activate automatic updates only when they are sure new version is working well and it is stable.Only user of version 362 have so far received an update notification from ZA automatic updates.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hegg Guest

So should I restore 337 to my PC?
    As for the e-mail problem, why is there an option to add your e-mail address to the vault if it is likely to cause major problems like the one I experienced. Are ZA deliberately making rods for their own backs. Seems crazy to me.

Hi!No idea... why there is this option to add an e-mail but does not make any sense to me Restore 337? Did you manually upgraded to another version than 337?Well, now that you have upgraded just keep what you have.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Actually, having your email address in the vault may be a good idea if you have multiple email accts. If you have one that is for family only, then putting it in the vault would be a good idea.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information