Thread: Outlook Express 6 Crashes out to Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger

piers Guest

Default Outlook Express 6 Crashes out to Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger

I'm getting an intermittent, but frequent error (crashes out to Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger) when I send a message using the "Reply" or "Forward" buttons.
    This is frustrating as I'm loosing my email messages.
    I have no problems when sending a new email.
    I'm using Windows XP professional
    on a new computer with Outlook Express 6.
    The problem disappears if I turn Zone Alarm Mailsafe off.
    Any help on this problem would be much appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Outlook Express 6 Crashes out to Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger

Take a look at this post - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8768
    - thanks to eric_dem for his testing procedure and sharing his results<hr>as well as Moovyoaz - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=22002
    . Well, it seems we have several users/posts confirming/verifying the problem and the &quot;temporary&quot;
    solution to this &quot;bug&quot;, hopefully - ZA will get this fixed soon.<hr>IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DISABLE ALL Virus Scanning; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails&quot;. That can be done by UNCHECKING the box Enable Email Scanning -

That Enable Email Scanning box can be found by opening Advanced Options in the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware
    section and clicking
    on Email Scanning in the Virus Management section.<hr>Check in the 'E-mail Protection,Privacy and Web Filtering' board, there are a number of similar posts with the last
    two weeks.<hr>Since your new to the ZA Suite - right click the ZA tray icon on bottom task bar &gt; see &quot;Help&quot; = this is your User Guide = this has all the common settings, customizations, troubleshooting plus explanations.
    <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 7-22-07 - Don't Let Me Be Understood - The Animals

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-29-2007 12:57 PM

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-29-2007 12:57 PM

Thread Information