Thread: IE (with Zonealarm mobile code blocking 4 options) VS Mozilla Firefox with noscript

mykal Guest

Default IE (with Zonealarm mobile code blocking 4 options) VS Mozilla Firefox with noscript

Hi,I have heard enabling javascript can leave you vulnerable.
    I would like to know IE (with Zonealarm mobile code blocking 4 options)
    VS Mozilla with noscript .Is it
    secure as mozilla with above settings?I
    want to uninstall mozilla cause of the loads of memory it uses and IE is just fast
    in browsing against
    Mozilla Firefox.And a suggestion to add a rule
    like exception to legit sites or what i choose in Zonealaram mobile code blocking.This would be wonderful for the IE users.
    regards

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: IE (with Zonealarm mobile code blocking 4 options) VS Mozilla Firefox with noscript

Hard to say for me, I need scripting turned on both my browsers.

I use IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.6 (using FF now), but then my laptop has 1GB of RAM and the desktop 2GB - so RAM for me is not a real issue. Both also have dual-core processors.

You could try Safari or Opera, if Firefox is not good enough for you. The ZA privacy does a good job in blocking if you use IE6 or IE7, and NoScript is a pretty good Firefox add-on too.

If memory is an issue, just slap in another memory stick.

Default Re: IE (with Zonealarm mobile code blocking 4 options) VS Mozilla Firefox with noscript

Hi!yes, basically the same protection... you can build up a list of trusted sites in the ZA site list where you allow the mobile code.Customisation can go down to which of the 4 mobile blocks you want to allow/block to specific trusted/untrusted sites...See here a small tutorial on how to customise privacy setting site-by-site:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/privacy.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

The extra extension in FF use up the memory. Uninstall the NoScripts and either disable/enable the scripts manually in the FF or use YesScript.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4922

It is lighter than the NoScripts.

Uninstalling the widgets and other extensions will speed up the browser and lighten the memory use.

The FF can be tweaked to use less memory in the about:config. There are specific settings for the actual memory use and cahcing, besides what is available in the Tools. Google for guides with the setting adjustments and changes to be made.

The ZA privacy or web content filtering is very good. It is superior, since it does others scripts and variations of the javascripts and does ads and so forth.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 08-07-2007 11:53 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information