Thread: Email Problems - Micrsoft Outlook

philipjago Guest

Default Email Problems - Micrsoft Outlook

Whenever I try to look for new emails on Outlook, I get the message:
    "Task 'Philip Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"
    This only happens when ZoneAlarm is running; no problem when I shut down ZoneAlarm.
    I am running XP, use Linksys 54GL router and Zoom ADSL modem. ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.362.000, Firefox browser, updated v2.0.0.6. Microsoft Office 2003 SP2.
    I have followed all the things on your forum, to no avail. Both computers on our home LAN network (ethernet cables) have this problem, the laptop, which networks by wireless, does not. Eclipse (my ISP) say everything working fine their end.
    Any solutions?
    Philip

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Email Problems - Micrsoft Outlook

Take a look at this post - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8768
    - thanks to eric_dem for his testing procedure and sharing his results<hr>as well as Moovyoaz - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=22002
    . Well, it seems we have three+ users/posts confirming/verifying the problem and the &quot;temporary&quot;
    solution to this &quot;bug&quot;, hopefully - ZA will get this fixed soon.<hr>and see - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=48754 by elDuck -&quot;I found a useful configuration tip which suggested turning off the e-mail scanning for antivirus but keeping the main on-demand av scanning on. In that way a virus-infected file may end up in your in-box, but when you try to open the file it will still be found - you are secure therefore.
    Given that Kaspersky Antivirus is now in ZA rather than CA antivirus I followed this through.
    Under Anti-virus/Anti-spyware, advanced options, I selected Virus Management and then E-mail Scanning. In there there is &quot;Enable E-mail Scanning (recommended)&quot; and it is checked - I un-checked it.
    Under E-mail Protection I ensured that &quot;Inbound MailSafe Protection&quot; was turned &quot;on&quot;.<hr>IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DISABLE ALL Virus Scanning; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails&quot;. That can be done by UNCHECKING the box Enable Email Scanning -

That Enable Email Scanning box can be found by opening Advanced Options in the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware
    section and clicking
    on Email Scanning in the Virus Management section.<hr>http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8736<hr>NaiveMelody NYC - 8-10-07 - Love Grows(Where My Rosemary Goes) - Edison Lighthouse

destnysuks Guest

I am having the same problem.
    I recently renewed my ZoneAlarm security suite subscription and did a new install with the
    CD I received.
    When I try to &quot;send &amp; receive&quot; I usually get an error message:
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F.
    I can continue to hit Send &amp; Receive and continuously get this message but sometimes I get lucky and it actually connects maybe 1 out of 10 tries.
    It's really annoying and it didn't start until I installed my new copy of ZoneAlarm, however, I was running the most up to date copy to begin with.
    Anyway, if anyone has any ideas about what to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    for now, I'll use web-based mail.

Hi!Under Anti-virus/Anti-spyware, advanced options, select Virus Management and then E-mail Scanning. UNcheck"Enable E-mail Scanning (recommended)".This should resolve your issue.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rjwilschut Guest

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    UNcheck &quot;Enable E-mail Scanning (recommended)&quot;.
    <hr></blockquote>
    thank you for this solution, it worked;
    but than I wondered: why use AV software if it can't scan my email? The #1 source of viruses is email! So I enabled scanning again and this is what happend: send/receive still works the way it should. Well, I know how to solve this problem when it occurs again, but I wonder what this means about the reliability of ZA security suite!

By the way, I'm using Outlook Express on Win XP SP2, ZA security suite 7.0.362.000

Hi!"on access" scanning by ZASS will still work and you are fully protected from malware...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information