Thread: Zone Alarm version 7.0.408 and no Outlook toolbar or mail going into Zone Alarm Junk Mail

Hybrid View

chaycox Guest

Default Zone Alarm version 7.0.408 and no Outlook toolbar or mail going into Zone Alarm Junk Mail

Hi

I've just installed ZA 7.0.408 and now on Microsoft Outlook the Zone Alarm Toolbar has disappeared and none of my spam or undesirable mails are going into the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder. This was an extremely useful feature on the previous version, has it now become an option?

Thanks in advance

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

onyekachukwu Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm version 7.0.408 and no Outlook toolbar or mail going into Zone Alarm Junk Mail

I just installed this version and I have the same problem. (no ZA toolbar) Is this no longer part of the suite? This is a very useful feature for me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

onyekachukwu Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm version 7.0.408 and no Outlook toolbar or mail going into Zone Alarm Junk Mail

I fixed my issue. When checking my Add-In's, I found Sonic(Mail Frontier's new name)disabled. You just need to re-enable the filter.

Goto>tools
    Options>other
    Adv.Options>COM-Add-In's
    If "Sonic Wall" is unchecked, select it. > "ok"
    Sonic should start up as soon as you click "ok"

Hope this helps

jenerator Guest

Thankyou for your pointers - it worked!
    However, I also got a pop-up box telling me that I could find out more about MailFrontier, which appears to be a not-free service.
    Does this mean the junk mail filter supplied by Zone Alarm is no longer free?Why was there no warning that this would be happening in the current version?

Hi!the junk mail filter was never supposed to be free..and only comes with ZASS..Probably it was working in your free versiondue to a bug.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raulduke Guest

Hi there I have recently upgraded zonealarm and I'm having problems receiving mail. I have followed the above process and can send mail through outlook. I can't receive any mail in my inbox or mail filters. When I try and send mail I get the response:

The original message was received at Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:47:22 +0100
    from bay0-omc3-s35.bay0.hotmail.com [65.54.246.235]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    procmail: Quota exceeded while writing "/var/spool/mail/phatglass"
    550 ... Can't create output

This has only happened after applying the update. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

nerdinmich Guest

I am very disappointed that the Zone Alarm Junk Mail filter was removed in version 7.04.08.
    Had I know I would have kept using the 7.03 version.
    Since there is no way to easily to undo a new installation I have no choice but to keep 7.04.08.

As a consultant I have recommended ZoneAlarm to several clients because they can try it out at home and then purchase it for installation at work knowing that the product will continue to work the same at work as it does at home.
    This feature working in the home version was a great selling point.
    Any chance the Zone Alarm Junk Mail feature will come back?

chaycox Guest

Thank you so much, I receive so much spam that it makes my inbox unmanageable, but this really helps.
    Caroline

happydaddy Guest

I am using ZASS 8.0, upgraded from 6.5.

I tried this but it didn't work. The "SonicWall Anti-Spam Desktop" is there but when I select it then click OK no toolbars are added to Outlook. I go back into the options and it's not selected again.

The toolbar came up fine with Outlook Express.

Thread Information