Thread: I'm trying the Zone alarm security and have a proble since it blocks all my email comunications.

avizi Guest

Default I'm trying the Zone alarm security and have a proble since it blocks all my email comunications.

Hi,

When i try to receive my email using outlook express 6 i'm getting the error message , status Failed
    for the connection.
    Even when i switch 'email protection' to be off using zone alarm I'm not able to retrieve my emails

Only when i turn off Zone alarm completely i can get my new emails.

please help

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: I'm trying the Zone alarm security and have a proble since it blocks all my email comunications.

Here try this link - use the file. http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...p;message.id=1
    . Do you have Spysweeper? If you have SpySweeper it does
    have email shield which can conflict if not properly adjusted.
    What Anti-virus are you using? Check your settings agianst this - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...message.id=145 .<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 10-3-07 - Help Me, Rhonda - The Beach Boys

avizi Guest

Default Re: I'm trying the Zone alarm security and have a proble since it blocks all my email comunications.

Hi and thanks for replying.

I've just ran the link you suggested but it didn't help, However I do have a Spy Sweeper
    and when i shut it down i was able to retrieve my emails.

I'm currently onlu using the ZASS Anti Virus as I have my &quot;Anti Virus&quot; flag on with ZASS.

I do not know how to resolve the conflict between Spy Sweeper and Zone alarm if you can assist with
    that it would be great.

naivemelody Guest

Webroot SpySweeper 5.5 that now includes a new &quot;E-mail shield&quot; that may conflict with several brands of firewalls and anti-virus. See - click here &gt; http://www.webroot.com/land/personal...all_config.php
    &lt; - plus a number of other FAQS you may need to know. Please
    check Webroot's Support for more information
    .<hr>Spy Sweeper 5.5 E-mail Attachment Shield
    and Personal Firewall Configuration

Some firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, or anti-spam products running on the computer may conflict with Spy Sweeper's E-mail Attachment shield. If E-mail communication issues are observed after installing Spy Sweeper 5.5, it may be necessary to modify or disable the third-party application or Spy Sweeper's E-mail Attachment shield.

The following Firewall products have been tested by Webroot Software Inc. for compatibility: [click on the underlined software for additional information on adjustments you need to make]<ul>[*]Norton Internet Security 2007[*]McAfee Total Protection 2007[*]Windows Firewall[*]Zone Alarm
    &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;[*]Trend Micro's PC-cillin[*]Panda AV + Firewall 2007[*]Sygate[*]Kerio Sunbelt[*]Tiny (CA)[*]Armor2Net[*]Commodo[*]AVG Internet Security
    ....continues - see
    link above.<hr><hr>For now, just shut-off the &quot;E-mail Attachments Shield&quot; - go to Shields &gt; click-off.<hr>Avizi, your first post lists ZA Free, your second post mentions ZA SS - the Suite ?? :0 Please clarify your situation. Have you properly un-installed your previous firewall and anti-virus before intalling ZA Free or is it ZA Suite? - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...message.id=154
    .<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 10-4-07 - White Flag - Dido[/list]

avizi Guest

It was very helpful, thanks a bunch, I can retrieve my emails.

Can you advise, if I'll be using ZASS ( i understand i can purchase 3 licenses
    for my computers for 50$) do i still need SpySweeper (my subscription is coming to an end soon) ?
    Or ZASS will cover all that i need in terms of keeping my computers &quot;healthy&quot;,
    meaning spy programs,keylogs, hackers, viruses protection and so on?

[ as for your question, I'm on free trial ZoneAlarm Security Suit, I wasn't clear about it
    since I wasn't aware of the different applications. ]

A.

naivemelody Guest

Adding SpySweeper will be subjective. Some advanced users will say it is not needed; and if at all, you can get some 'free' on-demand anti-spyware scanners - like AVG anti-spyware -free, Superantispyware - free, Emsisoft A Sqaured - free
    , instead. http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_...tm#trustworthy
    .<hr>If you feel the need for some &quot;back up&quot; and don't mind paying for SpySweeper, than I would say go ahead. Generally, the paid versions - anti-spyware products are better than the 'free' versions as a class. The only thing that you must contend with - there is some conflicts with the shields/guards/watches -pro-active/real-time protection of these (SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy) with ZA's own real-time protection. You saw that with the 'e-mail shield.' Tip - if you notice some slowness with some appps or functions of your pc - you may need to shut-off some or most of the shields - you have to 'experiment' &quot;tweak&quot; the settings for the shields; at the extreme end you may be left with - no shields on - and only use SpySweeper as a &quot;on-demand&quot; scanner - most likely you will have most of the shields - on.<hr>If you plan to purchase the 3 pc Suite fairly soon, not only are you getting a 'good' deal for the price but you will also be getting the new &quot;ForceField&quot; when it is finally released next year. If &quot;ForceField&quot; works as expected, you may not need SpySweeper at all. See - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...p;message.id=1
    - looks promising.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 10-5-07 -
    What Does It Take - Jr. Walker And The All Stars

avizi Guest

Thanks !!!

Thread Information