Thread: Cant Send email w/ MS Outlook 2003

robertphtx Guest

Default Cant Send email w/ MS Outlook 2003

I recently upgraded from ZoneAlarm Pro to Security Suit. I have had many problems with using MS Outlook 2003. From the forum and my own attempts to fix the problem I have fixed many of the issues but still can not send email.

Every time I try to send something I get the email right back stating the following:

"Undeliverable: test

System Administrator

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

530 Account is not local, relaying disallowed."

I dont have any other Anti Virus software running on my system.

Does anyone have any ideas or solution for this?

Thanks,

Robert

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Cant Send email w/ MS Outlook 2003

robertphtx,
    Not sure from what you have posted what you have tried, so here goes on a suggestion you may or may not have already tried.
    To Reset Outlook Express 2003 in ZASS:
    1. Click on Program control
    in ZASS control center
    2. Click on program tab3. Find Outlook Express in the listing and click on it to highlight it; then right click and Remove.4. Reboot the computer.5. When you open up Outlook Express the next time, ZASS will add it back to Program Control and you can reconfigure: Super trusted 3 green bars, green check Access Trusted, green check Access Internet,green check send mail
    If you have already tried this, have you tried to reset ZASS database?
    To Reset ZASS database:

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.4. Reboot into the normal mode.

Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 10-19-2007 03:35 PM

robertphtx Guest

Thank you for the suggestions.I have tried both of those options with no luck. I have also done a complete uninstall and reload ZA.
    Also my outlook is:MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2Part of MS Office Basic Edition 2003
    Thanks

findley Guest

robertphtx,
    You are very welcome, robertphtx.
    Do you have email enabled to send immediately?Have you checked
    your mail
    server settings and confirmed that they are correct with your ISP?

Other information here: Email Won't Send - Common Causeshttp://www.slipstick.com/problems/nosend.htm
    How to troubleshoot Outlook when you can't send or receive email http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2860...20&sid=139

Perhaps you're dealing with a corrupted Outlook 2003Here's is a link to:
    An Outlook Express basic repair kithttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/.../oerepair.mspx
    Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 10-20-2007 08:27 AM

robertphtx Guest

Thanks again for the suggestions. Double checking all my settings with my service provider was one of the first things I did. I had considered it being some sort of problem with Outlook but at this point ruling it out.

This problem started just after I upgraded to the new ZA and I had not had this problem prior to it with the older version of ZA I was using. Of course it was in July when I upgraded but stay so darn busy with work I am just now trying options from this forum to fix the problem. In the mean time I had been using an old yahoo account to get by.

I guess I am just gona have to call tech support. I have searched through this forum, tried everything I found
    that had not done already with no luck yet. I haven even done some things twice just does not make any since. It is probably something simple I have overlooked.

I am looking over the link Email Won't Send - Common Causes I shall let you know if anything works.

Thanks for your help.

robertphtx Guest

Ok, as I figured it was something very simple and I have apparently overlooked it
    5 or
    6 times already while checking these setting before.

My fix was with my email server settings, as follows:

In outlook on Outgoing Server, I had to check the setting - "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"

Go figure. It s always something simple. lol

Thank you so much for you help, its deeply appreciated.

Robert

findley Guest

robertphtx,
    You're welcome. Glad the issue is resolved and it was something simple to fix. Also great you posted back results as it helps other users.
    Findley

Thread Information