Thread: Blocked pictures within emails

dragonflysylvia Guest

Default Blocked pictures within emails

Can anyone advise why I am getting blocked pictures in emails. I get a red box with a cross in the top left corner, showing that a picture has been added to the email, but not delivered. The emails are from a trusted source, but I cannot click on the red cross and enable the picture?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

findley Guest

Default Re: Blocked pictures within emails

DragonFlySlyvia,

This link may help it specifically references your red box issue:

"Outlook 2003 introduced a security feature whereby all remote images from untrusted addresses are displayed as red X's by default. In order to view the images you must either add that sender to your safe sender's list, or right click on one of the red X placeholders and specifically tell Outlook to download and display the images."
    Why Don't pictures show up in the emails I send or receivehttp://ask-leo.com/why_dont_pictures...r_receive.html
    Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 10-20-2007 04:31 PM

Message Edited by Findley on 10-20-2007 04:34 PM

dragonflysylvia Guest

Findley,
    Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I am unable (at the moment) to use Outlook for my email, the emails are coming directly from my ISP Orange. The sender is in my trusted list, but also I am not given the option of clicking on the red cross to enable the pictures. I have tried to contact Orange and get some advce from them, but sadly they are not responding. Any further thoughts on what I may do?
    DragonflySylvia

findley Guest

DragonFlySlyvia,
    I am not familiar with Orange ISP.
    Is this the UK ISP "Orange Broadband: voted worst ISP by BBC Watchdog March 2007?
    If it is have you checked out Orange Problems?http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/orangesettings/
    Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 10-21-2007 11:16 AM

dragonflysylvia Guest

Findley,
    Yes, I can agree with your judgement, and wish I hadn't made the move to Orange, but sadly for various reasons cannot change now!!!Thanks for the link, I have posted the question there too.But if anybody else has any ideas?

findley Guest

DragonflySlyvia,
    As to the BBC watchdog comment I meant no harm and regret including it as we all have circumstances unchangeable in our lives.
    That said it was not my judgment just something I found, quoted,
    and included when I asked the question about Orange being a UK ISP.

In an earlier post you mentioned Outlook.
    So in looking for an Orange email solution or a work around for you I came up with An Outlook solution that I hope will work for you.

Start Outlook Express, click on Tools and then accounts. Left click once on the email account and then on the Properties button. Click on the Servers tab and enter pop.orangehome.co.uk for incoming emails and smtp.orangehome.co.uk for outgoing emails.

Click on OK, then close

Does this work for you?

Findley

findley Guest

DragonflySlyvia,
    Just had another thought - perhaps the pictures are blocked because the attachment is too large.Maybe ask some one to email you just one picture and see if you can open it.
    Findley

Thread Information