Thread: problem with Oracle Connector and ZASS 7 using Outlook 2002

rvboutin Guest

Default problem with Oracle Connector and ZASS 7 using Outlook 2002

Hi there,
    I posted a question about a problem I had using sonicwall (junk email protection in ZASS) that made Outlook 2002 crash (http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...id=80137#M9304).
    I found out that I was using Oracle Connector to log on my professional email and Calendar... and this was causing the problem.
    So solve it, I delete the Oracle account and closed Outlook, then set to junk email filter ON in ZASS. Then I was able to check the box for the Outlook complement Sonicwall. I then reinstall the Oracle Connector software, and then my Oracle email/calendar account. Now everything seems OK.
    I do not have any guarantee that this will work for everyone, but hope that some of you may find it helpful.
    Cheers
    Rv

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: problem with Oracle Connector and ZASS 7 using Outlook 2002

rvboutin,
    Excellent post to help other users!
    Findley

lassekarlsson Guest

Default Re: problem with Oracle Connector and ZASS 7 using Outlook 2002

Hi,I have the same kind of problem but involving the use of Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003.Outlook crashes if I don't inactivate the Sonicwall anti-spam desktop.I tried your trick and deleted my hotmail account from Outlook and uninstalled Outlook connector and
    then sonicwall could be activated again.But..... as soon as I installed Outlook connector and added my Hotmail account the crashes came back ;-(
    Anyone with good advice out there ?
    Lasse

Operating System:
    Win XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Thread Information