Thread: Junk E-mail filter stops working after almost 1 yr. of flawless operation

zmanstan Guest

Default Junk E-mail filter stops working after almost 1 yr. of flawless operation

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.408.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.408.000
    Driver version:7.0.408.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:20071116105001
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.187.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

XP home
    Outlook Express 6

Junk E-mail filter is turned on, ZA menu bar come up in OE, settings for filter are midpoint or higher (where they always have been when working), long list of email address's blocked (most emails addresses coming in are on blocked list), proper ZA junk folders are in OE

I tried turning filter off/on, turning OE off/on, rebooting computer, as some of the forums suggest doing a clean uninstall, and reinstall.

Nothing new or anything unusual with computer, other than 1 week or so prior to this happening I started to get messages from ZA about renewing??

Don't know what else to do - any ideas??

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zmanstan Guest

Default Re: Junk E-mail filter stops working after almost 1 yr. of flawless operation

Also note, I just noticed at home no problems and Mailfrontier is junk e-mail program, at work where I'm having problems it's sonicwall. I guess it's an update with mailfrontier and zonealarm. Don't know if this is anything to do with the issue.

findley Guest

Default Re: Junk E-mail filter stops working after almost 1 yr. of flawless operation

Sonic wall is a Com Add-in to Outlook

HOW TO ENABLE OUTLOOK ADD-INIf you are using Microsoft Outlook Express, please do the following.Please open ZoneAlarm by double-clicking the ZA icon down by the clock.Click e-mail protection, and turn off the junk e-mail filter.Close and re-open Outlook Express.Open ZoneAlarm again, and click e-mail protection -> main.Turn on the junk e-mail filter, and click ok if prompted.Close and re-open Outlook Express, and see if this resolves the issue.If you are using Microsoft Outlook, please go through the following.Please open ZoneAlarm by double-clicking the ZA icon down by the clock.Click e-mail protection, and turn off the junk e-mail filter.Close and re-open Outlook.Open ZoneAlarm again, and click e-mail protection -> main.Turn on the junk e-mail filter, and click ok if prompted.Close and re-open Outlook, and see if this resolves the issue.If the toolbar still doesn't appear, please click file.If you have the "exit and logoff option", click it.Otherwise, click exit.Reopen Outlook, and if the toolbar doesn't appear, please do the following.* Click on Help and select About Microsoft Outlook.* If you have Outlook 2003, click on the Disabled Items button.* If Mailbuddy Outlook Add-in is listed, highlight the Mailbuddy add-in and click Enable.* Close and restart Outlook.* Please proceed with the steps below even if you do not find anything in the Disabled Items list.* In Outlook select 'Tools'.* Select 'Options'.* Click on 'Other' tab.* Click On 'Advanced Options'.* Select 'Com Add-ins' button.* Verify the MailBuddy Outlook Add-in is checked.* If not checked, check the box and restart Outlook.

Findley

zmanstan Guest

Thanks for responding Findley.

I had read this in a different post and had already tried this with no luck.

I do have the Zone Alarm menu bars within OE, I even get the little Sonicwall pop-up when OE is started saying it's analyzing messages - It just never eliminates junkmail by placing into Zonealarm junkmail folder any longer.

I have also tried the zonealrm uninstall /clean option, and deleting zonealarm folders, with a new install still with no luck. I followed instructions in a different post - but I must say it maynot have ended up a clean uninstall because when I installed zonealarm again all of the junkmail I had manually flagged was still in my zonealarm junkmail folder.

mencik Guest

I went looking at the SonicWall site today, and the description of what happens to their desktop anti-spam client when the 30-day trial runs out and it is not licensed, seems very similar to what is now happening with the version that is part of ZASS. The anti-spam opens, but does not scan or remove spam messages.
    I have a feeling this will turn out to be another license issue.

Thread Information