Thread: Explanation of mobile code, Web Bugs and Private header are

geezerc Guest

Default Explanation of mobile code, Web Bugs and Private header are

I am new to web functions and was wondering whether anyone has any hyperlinks or can provide an explanation of what the above refer to in Privacy settings in ZASS. I understand cookies but these are new to me. Currently I do not allow these and it appears as a result some web pages will not load. I do not want to allow them till I know what I am doing.
    Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.
    Best Wishes
    Geezer

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Explanation of mobile code, Web Bugs and Private header are

<blockquote><hr>GeezerC wrote:
    I am new to web functions and was wondering whether anyone has any hyperlinks or can provide an explanation of what the above refer to in Privacy settings in ZASS. I understand cookies but these are new to me. Currently I do not allow these and it appears as a result some web pages will not load. I do not want to allow them till I know what I am doing.
    Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.
    Best Wishes
    Geezer

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>
    The two first places to look are in the ZA - open the ZA, press the F1 key and in the Help select the Contents and select the Privacy Protection and have good read. The second place to look is here.

Web Bugs are a javascript used for reading the information stored on cookies and then "steal" the information and report it to selected servers. Often used for spying on the user and the past browsing histories and experiences. Or for stealing passwords and account information. Web bugs has to be usually allowed for logins, web based email, forums, secure HTTP (or HTTPS) and shopping sites and for certain site interactions, but for general browsing the web bug is not needed and should be blocked.

Private header are usually called referer or referrer. Basically one page or web server will refer the user to the next server or page which is linked either in the next page or in a link of the page. This is a form of tracking a user, but again logins, forums, web based email, secure HTTP or HTTPS and certain site interactions need to have the Private Headers allowed. For general web browsing the Private header is not usually needed.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 02-06-2008 11:13 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

geezerc Guest

Thank you very much for such a quick response.
    My Best Wishes
    GeezerC

Thank you, GeezerC. You are welcome.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information