Thread: Sonicwall crashes Outlook 2003 if M$ Outlook Connector is installed.

lassekarlsson Guest

Default Sonicwall crashes Outlook 2003 if M$ Outlook Connector is installed.

Hi there,
    I read in another post that RV had problems with sonicwall (junk email protection in ZASS) that made Outlook 2002 crash
    Quote:
    "I found out that I was using Oracle Connector to log on my professional email and Calendar... and this was causing the problem.
    So solve it, I delete the Oracle account and closed Outlook, then set to junk email filter ON in ZASS. Then I was able to check the box for the Outlook complement Sonicwall. I then reinstall the Oracle Connector software, and then my Oracle email/calendar account. Now everything seems OK."
    I have the same kind of problem with sonicwall but together with M$ Outlook Connector in Outlook 2003.
    Outlook crashes if I don't inactivate the Sonicwall anti-spam desktop.
    I tried his procedure and deleted my hotmail account from Outlook and uninstalled Outlook connector and then activated sonicwall which worked
    again.
    But..... as soon as I installed Outlook connector and added my Hotmail account the crashes came back.So I'm stuck ;-(
    Anyone with good advice out there ?

Lasse

Operating System: Win XP Pro
    Software Version: 7.0.462
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

echster Guest

Default Re: Sonicwall crashes Outlook 2003 if M$ Outlook Connector is installed.

Hi Lasse,

I also recently installed the outlook connector to access a new hotmail account and am having the same problems. How did you resolve this issue?

Preston

loveyouforever Guest

Default Re: Sonicwall crashes Outlook 2003 if M$ Outlook Connector is installed.

Hi,

Once I had a similar issue with a PC from Hewlett Packard, it featured a trial version of Office 2007. Before I installed my purchased version of Office XP I just uninstalled the main part of the 2007 release. Then, whenever I launched a freshly installed Outlook XP it crashed within half a minute or so.

I found out that some other business software named "untermstrich", which is an Austrian controlling software, put some kind of a hidden interface/plugin into Outlook during installation. As soon as I uninstalled that software, Outlook was acting normal and there were no crashes at all. Unfortunately that company cannot abandon the software, and even the latest update failed as well. Finally it turned out that, in conjunction with "untermstrich", some other parts of Office 2007, which were still present because they came (pre)installed by the OEM - HP - from the very beginning, had caused all that mess...

Check "Add/Remove software" of the Windows control panel and ensure that there are absolutely no add-ons/parts of Office 2007 listed. If you find some, uninstall ALL of them right away, as they are totally useless without Office 2007 itself. (Of course you may leave your Office 2003 installation/configuration untouched.) Afterwards don't forget to reboot - and to report back to this thread (please)!

Good luck!

Best regards,

loveyouforever

kaer Guest

Has this been resolved ?Morten

Hi!please check with ZA support if they can provide a solution to you. Link in my signature.By the way, you don't need anymore outlook connector for your hotmail/live accounts. You can simply connect via POP3. The connection is even more secure since is fully encrypted.See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HotmailUnder POP3Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information