Thread: Can't move junk emails to the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder in Outlook

brownie Guest

Default Can't move junk emails to the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder in Outlook

As well as having Zone Alarm mail filtering switched on in Outlook, my email server also identifies what it thinks is spam and marks suspicious emails with the phrase ***SPAM*** in the Subject line. In order to get all the possible junk in one place, I've written a rule in Outlook to automatically move any incoming mail with this phrase in the subject line to the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder. I am sure this worked for a while but even though I'm not aware of having made any recent changes, not only does it fail to work now, I can't even manually drag and drop the offending emails into the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder, because (the error message says) I do not have permission to do so. The 'permission' options on the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder are also greyed out.

Suggestions, please?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Can't move junk emails to the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder in Outlook

<blockquote><hr>brownie wrote:
    As well as having Zone Alarm mail filtering switched on in Outlook, my email server also identifies what it thinks is spam and marks suspicious emails with the phrase ***SPAM*** in the Subject line. In order to get all the possible junk in one place, I've written a rule in Outlook to automatically move any incoming mail with this phrase in the subject line to the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder. I am sure this worked for a while but even though I'm not aware of having made any recent changes, not only does it fail to work now, I can't even manually drag and drop the offending emails into the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder, because (the error message says) I do not have permission to do so. The 'permission' options on the ZoneAlarm Junk Mail folder are also greyed out.

Suggestions, please?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: 7.0
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Hi brownie,

You may have conflict by using two spam filters; you could choose to use just one and keep your OUTLOOK junk mail rule using one or the other of the junk email filters.

Regards,
    Findley

brownie Guest

Thanks for the suggestion - it certainly seems to work okay without ZoneLabs filtering email in Outlook, so I'll proceed like that for now.

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>brownie wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion - it certainly seems to work okay without ZoneLabs filtering email in Outlook, so I'll proceed like that for now.
    <hr></blockquote>

Hi brownie,

You are welcome.

Regards and have a great day,
    Findley

Thread Information