Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

gms Guest

Default SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

This morning I upgraded ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite to
    7.0.470.000 and since then the spam filter does not work nor do I get the
    ZoneAlarm toolbar. I do get a a message about restarting Outlook to enable ZoneAlarm when I first log in but this doing this does not work. I have checked the ZoneAlarm settings and everything seems to be as it was in the previous version before I upgraded. Anybody any ideas on how I can get this to work? If I right click on the Outlook toolbar I do not get the ZoneAlarmOutlookAddin option.
    I am running Outlook 2002 SP3 and Windows XP SP2

Zone Alarm version
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947536592
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3555
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>GMS wrote:
    This morning I upgraded ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite to 7.0.470.000 and since then the spam filter does not work nor do I get theZoneAlarm toolbar. I do get a a message about restarting Outlook to enable ZoneAlarm when I first log in but this doing this does not work. I have checked the ZoneAlarm settings and everything seems to be as it was in the previous version before I upgraded. Anybody any ideas on how I can get this to work? If I right click on the Outlook toolbar I do not get the ZoneAlarmOutlookAddin option.I am running Outlook 2002 SP3 and Windows XP SP2Zone Alarm versionZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947536592

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please look into the ZA EMail Protection Section and make sure the "Junk E-Mail Filter" is Checked "ON"then Shut down Outlook and Restart Outlook again..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947546204
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gms Guest

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

I have checked and the Junk e-mail filter is on and I have shut down and restarted Outlook. I have even restarted the PC just to make sure. Unfortunately no effect I still don't get a working e-mail filter. Worked first thing this morning before I upgraded to 7.0470.000. Only change made to the PC today was to upgrade Zone Alarm.

I have checked and the Junk e-mail filter is on and I have shut down and restarted Outlook. I have even restarted the PC just to make sure. Unfortunately no effect I still don't get a working e-mail filter. Worked first thing this morning before I upgraded to 7.0470.000. Only change made to the PC today was to upgrade Zone Alarm.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It sounds like your ZA Database may be corrupted

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV

gms Guest

Thanks for the suggestion - I followed your instructions to the letter and
    have reset the ZA database.
    However the problem
    has not been
    fixed
    - I sitll don't get any junk filtering (yes I have checked that it is enabled again) and there is no ZoneAlam menu in Outlook.

Thanks for the suggestion - I followed your instructions to the letter andhave reset the ZA database.However the problemhas not beenfixed- I sitll don't get any junk filtering (yes I have checked that it is enabled again) and there is no ZoneAlam menu in Outlook.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..In that case Please Contact ZoneAlarm Tech support Directly for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsformPreferably with IE7, at the end of the Help request form is a Submit Button that does not work properly with users of FireFox..Please give TS the Full details of your problem and what measures you have tried..After Pressing the Submit Button you will receive a Confirmation Email with a Case Number withing an hour or two and a responce from Tech support ASAP..Please post back here with a progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947546204
    GeorgeV

gms Guest

Thanks
    I reported the original problem to ZoneAlarm tech about 4 hours ago via IE 7 but have yet to receive a confirmation e-mail with a case number. When I get one I will update them with the steps I have tried.

ThanksI reported the original problem to ZoneAlarm tech about 4 hours ago via IE 7 but have yet to receive a confirmation e-mail with a case number. When I get one I will update them with the steps I have tried.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hmmmm.. Did you use IE or fireFox Browser? Using FireFox Browser, The Submit Button sometimes does not send the Message to Tech Support, and you don't get a confirmation email..I usually receive a Confimation within 30 Minutes to an hour, as they are Auto Generated whrn you click the Submit button, unless your not using IE?The other possibility is that maybe the Confirmation Email from Zonelab.com got tossed into your Junkmail filder?If those two don't apply, then I would resubmit your request and check for Typos when entering your Return Email Address?Please keep us posted here on your progress..
    GeorgeV

gms Guest

I used IE and the message can't have been moved to the junk mail folder as that feature of ZoneAlarm has stopped working since I upgraded the software this morning. I will resend it again.

gms Guest

Have resubmitted the problem as suggested - one question is it normal for a new blank tech support form to be displayed when you hit the submit button or do you get a message? As you may deduce when I submit the tech problem all I get is a blank tech support form.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information