Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>GMS wrote:
    Have resubmitted the problem as suggested - one question is it normal for a new blank tech support form to be displayed when you hit the submit button or do you get a message? As you may deduce when I submit the tech problem all I get is a blank tech support form.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think about a month ago was when I used IE7 to send in my last tech Support message and when I hit submit, I think I just got a nearly Blank page with the Checkpoint Logo and a Thank You for Submiting your Request on the Web-site?Then 30 minutes later I got an auto Generated Confirmation Email with a Case Number..Good Luck..Please post back with a progress report..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gms Guest

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

I have still not had an acknowledgement from the help service. I will have a fourth go at logging the problem. This is the first time I have had a problem with Zone Alarm and to be honest the support service is so far is not impressive.

kospat Guest

Hi GMS, I got exactly the same problem!!!
    The only difference is that I use Outlook 2003. I have a couple of more symptoms to report:
    1. When I click on ZA Help it returns &quot;Help not available&quot;2. When I click on &quot;advanced&quot; where the Junk-Email on-off button is nothing happens.3. Sometimes I get an error message &quot;Error: Can not access this file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml&quot;
    Do you have the same problems?
    I tried everything the other person you were taliking with suggested and no luck.
    Any ideas or news? Should we uninstall and install the whole thing? Any news from tech support?
    I'll never update again! Everything was working fine before this update came along.
    Thanks

kospat Guest

Hi GeorgeV
    I have the the same problem as GMS plus:
    1. When I click on ZA Help it returns &quot;Help not available&quot;2. When I click on &quot;advanced&quot; where the Junk-Email on-off button is nothing happens.3. Sometimes I get an error message &quot;Error: Can not access this file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml&quot;
    Does this help you?
    Thank you for your time
    K

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kospat wrote:
    Hi GeorgeVI have the the same problem as GMS plus:1. When I click on ZA Help it returns "Help not available"2. When I click on "advanced" where the Junk-Email on-off button is nothing happens.3. Sometimes I get an error message "Error: Can not access this file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml"Does this help you?Thank you for your timeK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    You did not mention what Flavor of ZA your using But this Trend was dealing with ZASS..zonealarm.xmlislocated here: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs". Your ZA installation got corrupted somehow.PLease check you PC for virus or malware. For example with this only scanner: http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerYou may need to perform a clean uninstall. Please follow these instructions (please take note of your licence Key):http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlYou can download the latest version of ZASS here:http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlPlease post back with your progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947650918Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3565
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 03-27-2008 09:13 PM
    GeorgeV

gms Guest

Had a response from Zone Alarm support and teh solution is quite simple. The folllwing fixed my problem

Please do the following to resolve this issue:

1.) Open ZoneAlarm by double-clicking the ZA icon.

2.) Click e-mail protection, and turn off the junk e-mail filter.

3.) Close and re-open Outlook.

4.) Open ZoneAlarm again, and click e-mail protection -&gt; Main.

5.) Turn on the junk e-mail filter, and click ok if prompted.

6.) Close and re-open Outlook, and see if this resolves the issue.

kospat Guest

Thanks for the welcome message.
    This is my version:ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:915051681
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3555
    I performed a search for: &quot;C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs&quot; and can't find it anywhere.
    I notified Tech support via the online form and got a case number.
    Should I wait for their answer or should I go ahead with a clean uninstall - install? It sounds like a good idea.
    Will the same license key still apply?
    I really loved that anti-spam filter feature, it's the best I had ever. I
    NEED IT BACK ON!!!
    Was on Kaspersky before ZASS.
    Thanks fir your time.
    Regards,
    Kostas

kospat Guest

Hi you lucky GMS,
    just tried what they told you to do and nothing happened.
    Got a case number of my own now and waiting for their reply.
    Thanks,
    Kostas

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kospat wrote:
    Hi you lucky GMS,just tried what they told you to do and nothing happened.Got a case number of my own now and waiting for their reply.Thanks,Kostas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If the Suggestion Tech Support gave GMS did not work for you?Here is one more thing you can try..Last test you could try is to boot your system with only ZA and standard MS programs/services and see if you still have long scanning times. If not, there is something conflicting with ZA.

This way:
    1.) Click Start -&gt; Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

How does it work?

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

If you still have long scanning times than I have no other suggestion than trying with ZA technical support directly and see if they have any better idea: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Please report back with your progress report?Thanks..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947678952Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV

kospat Guest

My problem is not the long scanning times, it's the junk E-mail filter that dissapeared after my upgrade
    Additionally let me repeat the other symptoms:
    1. When I click on ZA Help it returns &quot;Help not available&quot;
    2. When I click on &quot;advanced&quot; where the Junk-Email on-off button is nothing happens.
    3. Sometimes I get an error message &quot;Error: Can not access this file. C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\\ZoneAlarm.xml&quot;
    thanks
    Kostas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information