Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

kospat Guest

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

Hi GeorgeV,
    just to inform you on my actions and the succesful solving of my problems:
    Tech support came back with a list to do things that seemed too complicated for me:
    Hello Kostas,

Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Technical Support.

I understand that you are still unable to get the junk e-mail filter to work. At this time, we may be looking at a corrupted program file.

Please make sure that you have the latest version downloaded first:

http://www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload

01.) Restart your computer

02.) When you see the screen go black and it starts booting back up keep tapping the "F8" key (at the top of your keyboard)

03.) This should bring up a menu. Choose Safe Mode off the menu by using the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter

04.) If you get a message asking to go to Safe Mode, choose Yes. If you get a help and support window, close this.

05.) Once you are at the desktop, Click Start, My Computer

06.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab

07.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

08.) Remove the check from "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)"

09.) Choose Yes to the warning

10.) Click OK

11.) Double click C:

Note: In the future steps if you do not see any files or folders, please click the "Show Files" link to view them.

12.) Double Click the Program Files Folder

13.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder (if present), click Delete, and choose Yes

NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs -> ZoneAlarm folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as possible.

14.) Close this window

15.) Click Start, My Computer

16.) Double Click the C:

17.) Double Click the Windows Folder (It may also be WinNT)

18.) Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

19.) Double Click the System32 Folder

20.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder (if present), click Delete, and choose Yes

NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as possible.

21.) Locate and delete the following files in the System32 folder if they are present:

- vsconfig.xml

- vsdata.dll

- vsdata95.vxd

- vsdatant.sys

- vsinit.dll

- vsmonapi.dll

- vspubapi.dll

- vsregexp.dll

- vsutil.dll

- vswmi.dll

- vsxml.dll

- zlcomm.dll

- zlcommdb.dll

- **bleep**.dat

- zpeng24.dll

22.) Clear your Temp Directory per the instructions below.

- Go to Start -> Run

- Type %temp% and click OK

- Select all of these files and delete them

23.) Clear the Prefetch folder per the instructions below (Windows XP only).

- Go to Start -> Run

- Type Prefetch and click OK

- Select all of these files and delete them

24.) Remove the necessary registry entries:

*Important Advisory: Deleting registry entries incorrectly may cause serious problems to your operating system, which may necessitate the need to reinstall it. Please make sure you are able to perform these deletions correctly before you decide to edit the entries. If you are not sure, you should seek help from someone who is familiar with editing the registry.

For information about how to edit the registry in Windows, from your desktop, click Start -> Run -> and type regedit. Click on Help -> Help Topics. Under the Contents tab, click Change Keys and Values (this may be found under the How to... section).

Also, you should always make a backup of the registry before editing it. You can find this in the same section of the Help files.

To remove the needed registry entries, go to Start -> Run and type in regedit. Choose OK, and use the folders on the left side of the Registry Editor window to navigate to the specified directories below. Note that you will remove the entire folder specified (eg, Zone Labs, vsmon, vsdatant):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\vsdatant

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\vsmon

25.) Close this window, then empty your recycle bin.

26.) Restart the computer.

27.) Try to install the latest version again.

If my answer did not resolve your issue, or you would like further assistance on this issue, please reply to this email. By replying, and leaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to me. If you have a separate issue you would like assistance with, please submit a new request using the website at http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform.

Thank you for choosing ZoneAlarm Security!

Troy

Technical Support

ZoneAlarm

A Division of Check Point Software

So instead of doing all that I decided to execute a "clean uninstall - install" as described on
    the ZA
    Customer Care site: (http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html) (You gave that advice to GMS earlier this week and it feeled like a good idea to me. Besides, it feels like it's the same as the tech support guy told me to do, although in a more "professional" manner).

Anyway, I'm happy to inform you that after my clean uninstall-install procedure, everything is back to normal!!! I have my junk filter back and the other problems disappeared!

Thanks for your time and effort, appreciate it

Regards,

Kostas

Default Re: SPAM filter not working in Outllok 2002 since upgrade to 7.0.470.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kospat wrote:
    Hi GeorgeV,just to inform you on my actions and the succesful solving of my problems:Tech support came back with a list to do things that seemed too complicated for me:So instead of doing all that I decided to execute a "clean uninstall - install" as described onthe ZACustomer Care site: (http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html) (You gave that advice to GMS earlier this week and it feeled like a good idea to me. Besides, it feels like it's the same as the tech support guy told me to do, although in a more "professional" manner).

Anyway, I'm happy to inform you that after my clean uninstall-install procedure, everything is back to normal!!! I have my junk filter back and the other problems disappeared!

Thanks for your time and effort, appreciate it

Regards,

Kostas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Thank you for your Excelent Feedback.. and thank you for those kind words, I am glad things are now working Good for you.. Please post back if you need help again..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947736406
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kospat wrote:
    Thanks for the welcome message.This is my version:ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:915051681
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3555I performed a search for: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs" and can't find it anywhere.I notified Tech support via the online form and got a case number.Should I wait for their answer or should I go ahead with a clean uninstall - install? It sounds like a good idea.Will the same license key still apply?I really loved that anti-spam filter feature, it's the best I had ever. INEED IT BACK ON!!!Was on Kaspersky before ZASS.Thanks fir your time.Regards,Kostas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The simplest procedure is to:1.Download the ZASecurity Suite 7.0.470.000 installer: www.zonealarm.com\zasuitedownload\2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZASS at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer.4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) a Clean Install may work better, and do not install any old Backup Config settings.Good luck and Please keep us posted on your progress..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947736406
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

walterberg Guest

Default Re: Solved for me

Found the solution in the next thread about a disabled add-in.

In Outlook 2002 (Outlook XP), I went to: Help | About Microsoft Outlook; then clicked on &quot;Disabled Items.&quot; In the resulting dialog, there was a message that anti-spam spam had been disabled because it did not allow Outlook to operate properly. I de-selected that checkbox and all is now working after a re-boot. WB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information