Thread: Outlook 2003 send/receive problem

eweitzman Guest

Default Outlook 2003 send/receive problem

Without making any program or settings changes, Outlook 2003 can no longer send or receive from my Cox POP3 account.
    However,
    I can still send/receive messages in Outlook from both my Gmail and Yahoo POP3 accounts.
    I first noticed the problem 4/2/08.
    Another another PC running Outlook 2002 has no problem sending and receiving from another Cox account.
    If I shut down ZA, I no longer have the problem with my the Cox account and can send/receive fine.
    Recently upgrade to
    ZAPro 7.0.470.000en.
    I uninstalled it using the ZA uninstall utility and then did a clean install of 7.0.462.000en.
    That did not resolve the problem.
    Have again upgraded to 470 with a clean install.
    Still have the problem.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

findley Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2003 send/receive problem

<blockquote><hr>eweitzman wrote:
    Without making any program or settings changes, Outlook 2003 can no longer send or receive from my Cox POP3 account.
    However,
    I can still send/receive messages in Outlook from both my Gmail and Yahoo POP3 accounts.
    I first noticed the problem 4/2/08.
    Another another PC running Outlook 2002 has no problem sending and receiving from another Cox account.
    If I shut down ZA, I no longer have the problem with my the Cox account and can send/receive fine.
    Recently upgrade to
    ZAPro 7.0.470.000en.
    I uninstalled it using the ZA uninstall utility and then did a clean install of 7.0.462.000en.
    That did not resolve the problem.
    Have again upgraded to 470 with a clean install.
    Still have the problem.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>eweitzman,
    Some thoughts:If I understand your post - after upgrading to 7.0.470.000 and making no changes in settings to Outlook 2003 you can no longer send or receive on your Cox account.
    With Outlook 2003 closed have you tried removing Outlook from Program Control?
    Zone Alarm will add it back the next time you open Outlook 2003 and you can reconfigure giving Outlook 2003 three green bars for Supertrusted, green check for access trusted, green check for access internet, and green check mark for send mail.

Another thing to check is the settings for your Cox POP3 account - perhaps something is not set correctly;
    check with
    your ISP and/or from your other computer running Cox POP3 account.
    <strike>Have you narrowed the issue down to ZA - if you turn ZA off are you able to send and receive on the Outlook 2003 Cox POP3 account?
    If the problem persists when ZA is turned off - have you tried the repair option on Outlook 2003?</strike>
    Hope this helps you,Findley
    EDITED: To indicate your post
    says you
    can
    use OUTLOOK 2003 send and receive with ZA turned off.Morning brain cramp on my part

Message Edited by Findley on 04-04-2008 08:24 AM

findley Guest

eweitzman,
    In case you need it here is a link on the Outlook 2003 repair tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814441
    Findley

eweitzman Guest

Thanks for your recommendation.
    I deleted my user profile in Outlook and set up a new one and then run the Inbox repair tool.
    However, while running the Inbox tool fixed errors, it did not resolve my send/receive problem.
    I spoke with Cox Tech.
    He checked all of my settings and found no issues.
    And since shutting down ZA solves the problem, he concluded it must
    be a ZA problem.

This is consistent with an MS support message.
    Microsoft lists the following possible causes for my error message (link http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514).<blockquote>Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    <div class="sbody">CAUSEThese error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or if Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:<div class="sbody">
    <div class="sbody"> You are not connected to the Internet or a network Incorrect account settings Your user profile in Outlook is damaged An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged Incorrect configuration of your AV software Outlook Express has been removed from the computer or the installation is damaged Incorrect configuration of personal firewall software</blockquote>

While ZA tech was closed when i tried to resolve this problem last night, calling them seems to be the only avenue left to try.

Hi!at this stage I would try a ZA database reset, probably your ZA settings are corrupted.1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information