Thread: Email via Outlook

hheydinger Guest

Default Email via Outlook

I recently upgraded to ZA v7.0.483.000 Now I can't download any incoming email to Outlook unless I temporarily shutdown ZA. I'm guessing I have some incorrect settings in my profile, but I'm not sure how to reset to the correct ones.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Email via Outlook

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>hheydinger wrote:
    I recently upgraded to ZA v7.0.483.000 Now I can't download any incoming email to Outlook unless I temporarily shutdown ZA. I'm guessing I have some incorrect settings in my profile, but I'm not sure how to reset to the correct ones.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:5.x &lt;=== should be 7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Double Left Click on the Zone Alarm icon in your System tray will display the main menu of Zone AlarmOn the Left side are all of your Options for Control and Configuring Zone Alarm..Just to the right of those Options is a brief description of each Option,and if you click on an option on the left, the description of that option will change to fit that option..You might benefit from reading these descriptions..anytime that you Allow or deny access to a Program or function that ZA pops-up an Alert,That information is stored in the "PROGRAM CONTROL" Option under the "Program" tabClick on Program Control, this will display a new page, at the TOP of that page Click the "Program" tabThat will open a new page.. on the left is the names of the files and programs being controlled..Look down the list for whatever program you are having a problem with....in the "Trusted Level" Column of(that program name)LEFT Click and Click on SUPER, this will place 3 Green Bars in that ColumnThe next Column is "ACCESS" Left Click in that Column and change Red X's to Green Check marks for "Trusted" and "Internet" accessChange all other Marks on that Line to "?" Question Marks for Ask..Now you should not have anymore problem with(That Program)or any other program listed in Program Control.. NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client like Outlook needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About" Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 32-Bit version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957567416
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4415 &lt;== New Update
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

galegale Guest

I am having this problem also. I downloaded the trial of zonealarm av/firewall. I set all of the permissions as shown but I still couldn't download emails so I had to shut off the firewall and turn my windows firewall back on. Is there a fix? This is why I do trials first. thanks

Gale

galegale Guest

Anyone? I am ready to buy but don't want a buy a program that I can't fully use.

Thread Information