Thread: Privacy Tiny Url

loribee Guest

Default Privacy Tiny Url

Is anyone having problems with Tinurl?...i can't access any of them even if I allow Zone to access them....Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Privacy Tiny Url

<blockquote><hr>LoriBee wrote:
    Is anyone having problems with Tinurl?...i can't access any of them even if I allow Zone to access them....Any help would be appreciated
    <hr></blockquote>

Unblock tinyurl in the spysite list of the antispyware section of the ZA.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Tiny URL.com blocked...

Click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/blog/index....ribute-spyware<hr>&quot;Tinyurl.com Blocked, Might Distribute Spyware<div class="entry-content"><div class="entry-body">

By John Gable, Director of Consumer Products

ZoneAlarm

blocks a web site that you want to visit.
    For example, some users have noted that ZoneAlarm blocks them when they go to TinyURL.com.
    Why would ZoneAlarm do this, and what do I do if that happens?

Spyware has occasionally been downloaded from TinyURL.com or a partner site (TinyURL often redirects users to other sites).
    To protect you from this threat, ZoneAlarm warns you about it and blocks that specific Web site.
    But people might still want to use TinyURL.com anyway after all it s a useful tool for posting short urls on Twitter.
    Well, you still can.

Go to tinyURL.com.
    If the site is blocked, you should see a balloon pop up in the lower right corner of your screen.
    If you click on it, you will go to an interface where you can add tinyURL.com as an exception which allows you to access the site.
    You can also manually get to that interface within the product by doing the following:

1)

Right click or double click the ZoneAlarm icon in your system tray.

2)

In the ZoneAlarm control screen, click Anti-virus/spyware, and then click Spy Site Blocking .
    If it has blocked you from a website, it will show you the name of the web site with an X showing that it was blocked.

3)

If you want to go to that web site, click on top of the web site access and change it from Block to Allow.

That s it.
    This way ZoneAlarm can protect you from potentially dangerous downloads but still let you go where you want.&quot;

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 06-01-2009 07:35 PM
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; August 1st, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thread Information