Thread: ZASS locks system with Mail Safe and Outlook 2003

jischmidt Guest

Default ZASS locks system with Mail Safe and Outlook 2003

I need help please.
    I am trying to help a friend who has
    desktop that runs XP Home, has 1gb memory, am running ZASS 8.0.020 and I use Outlook 2003.
    The machine will run for about 1 hour and then VSMON maxes out at 100% and the machine locks up.
    The issue must surely be related to Mail Safe as the locking occurs when it is turned on, but when I turn it off, then everything seems fine.
    He had Norton products on the machine and I first went through and uninstalled all anti virus and anti spyware software and then installed ZASS.
    There were viruses on the machine that ZASS resolved and scans now show no viruses.
    None the less I have to believe there is something left over that I am not able to find.
    I am hoping someone on this forum has run into this and can provide some insight.
    I am lost!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS locks system with Mail Safe and Outlook 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jischmidt wrote:
    I need help please. I am trying to help a friend who hasdesktop that runs XP Home, has 1gb memory, am running ZASS 8.0.020 and I use Outlook 2003. The machine will run for about 1 hour and then VSMON maxes out at 100% and the machine locks up. The issue must surely be related to Mail Safe as the locking occurs when it is turned on, but when I turn it off, then everything seems fine.He had Norton products on the machine and I first went through and uninstalled all anti virus and anti spyware software and then installed ZASS. There were viruses on the machine that ZASS resolved and scans now show no viruses. None the less I have to believe there is something left over that I am not able to find. I am hoping someone on this forum has run into this and can provide some insight. I am lost!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the Zone Alarm User Forum..This is just my 2 cents worth,If your having problem installing ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suite and have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus, or Norton Security Suite 2008/2009when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to McAfee Removal Tool..http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...64&amp;lc=1033<H5>Affected Operating Systems: </H5><UL><LI>Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Home <LI>Microsoft Windows Vista </LI>[/list]

NOTE: This tool is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 98 or ME.

I Suggest going back to ZASS Version 7.0.483.000Until the Developers come up with a Fix for 8.0.020.000..Go to the following Forum Link and follow the Instructions..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=14945#M184
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.052.000 BETA (32-Bit)
    TrueVector version:8.0.052.000
    Driver version:8.0.052.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:959933788
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200809.4655
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays