Thread: Isn't it about time for ZoneAlarm to support email clients other than M$ Outlook

haydn Guest

Default Isn't it about time for ZoneAlarm to support email clients other than M$ Outlook

Running the ZA firewall for many years,
    I abandoned Symantec (Norton) AntiVirus when they began demanding that I take down my firewall to complete their software update.
    Rather than be frustrated by two vendors
    pointing the finger of blame
    at
    each other, I went
    with ZAS to get my firewall and antivirus from a single vendor.
    Of late I have been experiencing a marked increase in SPAM.
    This is largely due to the failure of my ISP to successfully filter out the SPAM at the mail server.
    In self-defense, I installed my own SPAM filter (PopFile).
    But this requires all email to be downloaded via proxy server to my PC where email is assayed and tagged.
    As you might expect, with more SPAM hitting my PC, I have also become more vulnerable to virus attack.
    Since ZA email filtering is currently limited to M$ Outlook, I have had to disable the antivirus portion of ZAS and install a suitable alternative.

Fortunately, I have found a number of free replacements for the ZAS antivirus that work with my email client (TheBat!).

I evaluated ClamWin and AVG, and have settled, for the moment, on **bleep**.
    I would prefer to utilize ZAS to handle both the firewall as well as the antivirus.
    Since it lacks the capability to work with a variety of email clients, I may ultimately abandon Zone Alarm.
    I don't relish the prospect.
    Does ZA support read this forum? Is there a way to let them know that there is a long-term user unhappy with the current policy of working only with the M$ brand of email clients?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Isn't it about time for ZoneAlarm to support email clients other than M$ Outlook

Hi!please note that ZA antispam is developed by SONICWALL, this plug-in works only with MS. Outlook.There is not much that ZA can do about it.You may want to downgrade to other version than ZASS if you are not using the AV portion (such as ZAPRO).Even if your are disabling the antivirus, all system drivers and executables will still be running.This may cause conflicts, unnecessary memory use and slow down.ZA will scan all attachments and e-mails 'on access', i.e. when you open them. This is regardless of the e-mail system you use. So there is no need to use any third party antivirus to check for malware.Finally note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users trying to help each others.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Isn't it about time for ZoneAlarm to support email clients other than M$ Outlook

There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notRead this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the Bottom of this Message..ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000 32-Bit Beta
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961249842
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4775
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4775
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information