Thread: HELP! I 'unjunked' some valid emails and ZASS lost them!

gentlydirk Guest

Default HELP! I 'unjunked' some valid emails and ZASS lost them!

Hi,
    Can anyone help me with this?
    I was running ZAP for a couple of years and decided to try the free trial of ZASS, so I just started using it.
    When I checked my email in Outlook Express (WinXP) I found some valid emails in my newly created (by ZASS) 'junk' folder.
    When I clicked on 'unjunk', just as
    the help index told me to, they disappeared.
    "Great!", I thought "They've moved to my inbox, just like the help file said they would".
    So I happily closed OE and got on with some other work, planning to read the emails later.
    To my HORROR, I later opened OE and found that they had been completely destroyed.
    Unfortunately, I have OE set to empty my 'deleted items' folder upon exiting, so now I can't retrieve them, unless anyone knows any different?
    Help PLEASE!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

pie Guest

Default Re: HELP! I 'unjunked' some valid emails and ZASS lost them!

Hi gentlydirk
    Did you get anywhere with this. I got more or less the same effect yesterday. I 'junked' a spam email that had made it into my inbox. I got a ZA dialog box stating that the email couldn't be junked at that point (or something like that) after which OE6 crashed. When I opened it up again a stack of emails, most of which I hadn't yet read, had disappeared.
    I'm still using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000. After the fiasco of upgrading to ZASS 8 a few months ago I have been putting off upgrading this time.
    Is there anyone that knows why this happened? Is it a bug? Any recommendations (apart from not renewing my ZASS subs next time which I already intend not to do)

Thanks

Thread Information