Thread: ZA 8 - site list settings

mariko57 Guest

Default ZA 8 - site list settings

I can not fully view web pages that I've added to my site list.
    I've "allowed" (green check mark) every possible setting, including
    Ads (pop-ups, animation), etc for certain sites. Yet when I
    load the site, parts of the page is truncated.

The only way to view the page completely is to turn off
    ZA.

Any suggestions on why these customizations are not
    working?

Thank you.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZA 8 - site list settings

Hi!
    you may want to wait for an update of the version 8 that should be ready in the next few days or week.
    Some privacy control issues has been resolved. May be it will fix your problem.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mariko57 Guest

I just updated today version 80.059

However, that didn't help. The only way to view the page is to change the global settings to allow 3rd party cookies and allow private headers and to allow web bugs. This seems to defeat the whole purpose of ZA's privacy function.

Any other suggestions? Are others having this problem?

Thank you.

Message Edited by mariko57 on 10-17-2008 06:57 PM

truth_seeker Guest

Hi,
    I seem to be having the same issue. When the Privacy settings are enabled (I have been trying to use Cookie control on High and Ad Blocking on Medium) I cannot seem to get certain sites to load properly even if they are customized in the Site List. Amazon.com is a great example of this; it comes up with the following
    error when trying to load a page for a book:
    vsmon.exe - Application ErrorThe exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x6246f2ee.
    Ok[button] Cancel[button]

This is the only site that I have found that gives me that error, but I have found other sites that do not seem to work properly even though they are customized individually (Facebook as another example). The only way I can get it to work is by completely disabling the Privacy features in the Main section.
    Using ZoneAlarm Security Suite 8.0.059.000 (BETA)
    Adam

Message Edited by truth_seeker on 10-18-2008 03:09 PM

Message Edited by truth_seeker on 10-18-2008 03:10 PM

Hi!some sites will simply not work if you block cookies or content... so this is perfectly normal.You just need to customise the sites to work with ZA privacy control... Do you have a link to the site that I could test?Cheers,Fax

Hi!works perfectly fine here.. you must have some problem on your systemPlease do not Hijack other OP threads, open yours, moreover when the issue is completely different.Thank you.Cheers,Fax

suet Guest

"I cannot seem to get certain sites to load properly even if they are customized in the Site List. Amazon.com is a great example of this"

Since installing ZoneAlarm Security Suite 8 I also have a great deal of trouble getting certain sites, notably amazon.co.uk and forum.zonelabs.org, to work properly. I am running on Auto Program control, Medium Cookie control, High Ad blocking and Mobile Code control OFF.

Amazon has become paralytically slow. I find that if I go into the privacy site list and allow private headers and web bugs then the page is usually delivered - but
    a) allowing these options often doesn't work, ie they are still red X'd not green ticked after I have made the change. After 2 to 5 goes, instead of getting Remove/Options I'll get allow/disallow, and the allow option works, the line changes.
    b) I now, having several times done this, have no fewer than 12 lines in the site list for amazon.co.uk. Other sites that I have edited are also there in multiples.

To access this forum's site through ZoneAlarm I even have to allow 3rd party cookies - pardon me, but what's the point of a security product that requires one to remove defences?

I've had this trouble both on 8_0_020_000 and on 8_0_059_000 (which I have just clean installed).
    Using XP2 with SP2 on a Dell Dimension m/c.

truth_seeker Guest

My apologies fax, I did not intend to "hijack" this thread as you so "eloquently" put it. I merely was affirming that I was having similiar issues as mariko. How this is "hijacking", forgive me, but I don't see how it is...
    How is the issue completely different? My issue is that the custom site list is not overiding the main controls. Is not this exactly the problem mariko was describing? I understand that some sites do not work when blocking cookies, private headers, et al... so we disable the controls for those individual sites on the custom site list. The problem I am having (and I believe mariko is as well) is that these custom listings are not overiding the main controls... If this is the problem he is describing, then I have absolutely no clue how these problems are "completely different."
    In fact, here is mariko's quote from his second post:
    "However, that didn't help. The only way to view the page is to change the global settings to allow 3rd party cookies and allow private headers and to allow web bugs. This seems to defeat the whole purpose of ZA's privacy function."
    This is exactly the issue I wrote about.

Message Edited by truth_seeker on 10-19-2008 09:00 PM

Thread Information