Thread: HELP!!! Junk filter (Sonicwall) not compatible with Outlook Oracle connector version 10?!

rvboutin Guest

Default HELP!!! Junk filter (Sonicwall) not compatible with Outlook Oracle connector version 10?!

Hi all,
    I open a new thread which is as much for info as for help...
    Here is the problem: a while ago I found a work around to use Oracle Connector for Outlook (2002) and Sonicwall junk filter (see post http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...d=119823#M9305), so far my university was using Oracle Connector version 9... they recently upgrade to version 10.1.3.0.10.100801 ... AND here we go again! ... This time sonicwall is loading but if I use any of the buttons in the junk toolbar, Outlook crashes. As a symptoms of something wrong, I don't get the filtering windows when Outlook starts.
    I have tried everything I can imagine including what is in the post mentionned above, nothing worked!!
    So I am left with the only option which is disabling Junk filtering in ZASS. In few words: Sonicwall junk filtering is NOT compatible with Oracle Connector for Outlook (I have no other choice than to upgrade as previous version won't connect to mail servers).
    Don't know what to do to sort this out, although I can live without it.
    If anyone found a solution... you're welcome to share.
    Cheers
    Rv

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by rvboutin on 10-20-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by rvboutin on 10-20-2008 02:36 PM

Message Edited by rvboutin on 10-20-2008 02:37 PM

rvboutin Guest

Default Re: HELP!!! Junk filter (Sonicwall) not compatible with Outlook Oracle connector version 10?!

Any idea? any one? Allo?
    Rv

Message Edited by rvboutin on 10-21-2008 11:22 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! Junk filter (Sonicwall) not compatible with Outlook Oracle connector version 10?!

Hi!if no users here have ideas you can contact ZA technical support and report the problem.May be they have some suggestions?Here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rvboutin Guest

OK thanks Fax!
    I have contacted the support, I'll keep the forum posted about any news/solutions.
    Cheers
    Rv

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

rvboutin Guest

Hi everyone,
    so to keep you up to date...
    Tech support got back to me with several options that I did try... no success...
    Now they are asking to set-up my computer to log everything possible and send them all possible log file you can imagine... I had no time yet to do so..
    If I got any success I'll give news here.
    cheers
    Rv

Hi!thank you for the update, please keep us posted!And yes please upload the log to ZA, it will probably help to identifythe issue or to pass the info to developers for fixing it.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information