Thread: ZA will not scan or quarantine any email attachment despite settings.

arusting Guest

Default ZA will not scan or quarantine any email attachment despite settings.

X-(Regardless of how it is set, ZA Internet Security will not scan any incoming email attachments, even when they contain viruses
    I don't blindly open attachments, so normally I easly catch them and delete them manually.

I've experimented and a subsequent separate ZA virus scan does identify them - but viruses go through ZA email scan like water throuigh a screen door.
    I just got slammed by a virus in a
    file that wiped out my Eudora 7 immediately on download (the attachment was not opened)
    and
    I get nothing but dwwin errors. It screwed up my system so badly
    I can't even reload the program and keep it stable- which means
    can only use web mail.
    Robo-replies by tech support
    are worse that useless. I lke the firewall but the antivius sure seems lacking.
    Anyoner out there got an idea?
    I have the latest updates of ZASystem: Dual Boot XP Pro & Vista Ultimate (32 bit)Separate copies of ZA installed for each OSEmail Eudora 7 (email used in XP Pro only)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA will not scan or quarantine any email attachment despite settings.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>arusting wrote:
    Robo-replies by tech supportare worse that useless. I lke the firewall but the antivius sure seems lacking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Robo-reply? Please note that ZA support always answer to tickets and its done by humans.ZA mail safe feature is only compatible with Outlook but in any case and regardless the mail client you use alle-mail and attachements will be checked 'on access' (ie. when you open them), so you are still perfectly safe.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

arusting Guest

Default Re: ZA will not scan or quarantine any email attachment despite settings.

Thank you for the promt reply.
    By &quot;robo-reply&quot; I mean that ny problem was clearly answered by a form message that suggested
    i try the beta version of ZA. There was no indication whatsoever that my actual problem was even considered.
    I wouild like to clarify
    something. It seems you are
    saying that
    Mailsafe will not work on Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.. - just Outlook. I'm sorry but that makes
    Mail Safe an Outlook add-on rather than a true email scanner. I've tried several brands and this is the first I've ever
    heard of this (masive) limitation in email functionality.
    I look for software that
    catches viruses from bring on the computer in the first place as they download, catching tham as they come in rather than letting them get in and lay dormant until I go looking. I just can't
    use an anti-virus program that forces me to
    purchase software from a specific company..I never would have spent money on the software if I knew this.
    I still like ZA firewall and that's what prompted me to get the Security Suite, but I think there's a huge
    product development gap there.

Hi!as mentioned, regardless of mailsafe your ZA will check all e-mails and and attachments 'on access' independently of the e-mail used.You are still perfectly safe since anything that will be running on your system, if malicous, will be blocked.Please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users here.You can contact ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform or the ZA customer support at: www.zonealarm.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information