Thread: Can't use a link in email message after installing Zonealarm 8.00.059.00

pmorettini Guest

Default Can't use a link in email message after installing Zonealarm 8.00.059.00

Hi,
    I just reluctantly upgraded to ZA 8.00.059.00, and of course it immediatedly caused a problem. In my email client, I attempted to click on any email link (my email client is Eudora 7.1.0.9), it opens Internet Explorer (6.0.2900) but instead of going to the appropriate website the browser is blank. I am using Windows XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pack 2. Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated.
    Phil

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Can't use a link in email message after installing Zonealarm 8.00.059.00

<blockquote><hr>pmorettini wrote:
    Hi,
    I just reluctantly upgraded to ZA 8.00.059.00, and of course it immediatedly caused a problem. In my email client, I attempted to click on any email link (my email client is Eudora 7.1.0.9), it opens Internet Explorer (6.0.2900) but instead of going to the appropriate website the browser is blank. I am using Windows XP Home edition version 2002 Service Pack 2. Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated.
    Phil

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>pmorettini,
    A couple of thoughts:
    As far as I know Eudora is not a supported email client, although I've seen posts by other Eudora users.You are using an older version of Internet Explorer - Internet Explorer7 updated is a safer browser version.Links not displaying may or may not be a function of using internet Explorer6
    and/or that the privacy settings in ZAISS need to be adjusted.Have you tried
    truning off cookies, ad blocking and mobile code.
    Does the link work now?
    Findley

kritiker Guest

Default Re: Can't use a link in email message after installing Zonealarm 8.00.059.00

Moderator - if possible please delete this

Message Edited by Kritiker on 11-24-2008 11:29 AM

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>Kritiker wrote:
    <blockquote><hr>Findley wrote:
    ... As far as I know Eudora is not a supported email client [of version 8], although I've seen posts by other Eudora users.<hr></blockquote>Arrgghhh, not this too. If this is true, this is yet another reason for me not to upgrade to version 8. Please, tell me it isn't true? Of course, finding the technical requirements and supported email programs on the ZoneAlarm web site is well-nigh impossible these days too. I have used Eudora quite successfully through version 7.0.483.000 and I still harbored some (very small) hope that I would eventually bring myself to upgrade to version 8. I hope someone has a solution for this problem.

Message Edited by Kritiker on 11-24-2008 09:55 AM
    <hr></blockquote>I'm just a user here, But I had no problem finding the Following Information on the Checkpoint Product Web-site..

ZoneAlarm Software System Requirements

Listed below are the complete system requirements, email protocols, and IM clients supported by ZoneAlarm software products.

System Requirements for ZoneAlarm ForceField:<a target="_blank"></a>Supported Browsers:<ul>[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7[*]Mozilla Firefox versions 1, 2 and 3[/list]Windows XP Operating System:<ul>[*]Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or higher[*]XP Service Packs 2 and 3[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]20MB of available hard disk space (Install size is 5 MB)[*]Internet access.[/list]Windows Vista (32-bit):<ul>[*]Pentium III 1 GHz or higher[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]20MB of available hard disk space (Install size is 5 MB)[*]Internet access.[/list]

System Requirements for all other ZoneAlarm Products:Vista (32-bit):<ul>[*]Pentium III 800 MHz or higher[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.[/list]Windows XP Operating System:<ul>[*]Pentium III 450 MHz or higher[*]XP Service Packs 2 and 3[*]Minimum system RAM: 128 MB[*]50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.[/list]<ul>[*]Supported Protocols for Email Protection[*]Support Browsers[*]Operating Systems Support[*]FAQ for ZoneAlarm End-of-Life Policy[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>Supported Protocols for Email Protection<ul>[*]POP3 (Incoming only) available in all ZoneAlarm products[*]SMTP (Outgoing only) available in all ZoneAlarm products except free ZoneAlarm[*]HTTP (Junk email filtering in conjunction with Outlook or Outlook Express) available in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite only[*]IMAP4 (Incoming only) - IMAP4 is not supported for virus scanning of email. available only with ZoneAlarm Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>Support Browsers<ul>[*]Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0 SP1, 6.0 SP2 7.0 SP2[*]Netscape Navigator 7.2, 8.0 Beta[*]FireFox 1.00 and higher[*]MSN Explorer 6.0 and higher[*]AOL 9.0[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>Operating Systems Support

It is ZoneAlarm's policy to extend protection to customers of all Microsoft Windows operating systems as long as the following conditions apply:
    1. The operating system itself is still supported by its creating company (Microsoft) with automatic and proactive security updates to protect customers against the latest security vulnerabilities.
    2. The operating system can technically support the ZoneAlarm software without negatively effecting the users security.

When these above criteria are not met, we will, at the sole discretion of Check Point Software Technologies, discontinue support of the operating system. We will make every attempt to give prior notice to customers before discontinuing support for an operating system.

Current Operating System Support Information:Operating System ZoneAlarm End-of-Life Status Windows Vista Supported
    All of our current shipping products, except for ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware, run on the Windows Vista operating system. Due to the different needs and functionality of the Vista operating system, some features and functionality on 2000/XP may differ on Vista. Windows XP Supported
    All currently shipping ZoneAlarm products will run without limitation on the Windows XP operating system. Windows 2000 Support Discontinued

In 2005, Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 2000. In 2010, Microsoft will end extended support for Windows 2000, which will make this operating system less secure and increasingly prone to hacking exploits. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx).

As a result, Check Point will cease to support Windows 2000 with the introduction of our version 8.0 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite 2009, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-8.0 products:<ul>[*]Pre-8.0 products will continue to run on the Windows 2000 operating system and receive signature updates such as virus and spyware signatures. However, there will be new and advanced protection features in post-8.0 ZoneAlarm products that will not be added to pre-8.0 products. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.[/list]ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-8.0 products at any time. Windows 98se/ME

Support Discontinued
    On July 11, 2006, Microsoft will end support for Windows 98, 98SE and Me, which will have the resulting effect of making these operating systems less secure (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx). Windows 98/Me are older operating systems, and therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks than newer operating systems. Now that Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to this operating system it will become increasingly prone to security vulnerabilities.

Accordingly, Check Point will cease to support Windows 98/98SE/Me with the introduction of our version 6.5 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-6.5 products:<ul>[*]Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/Me operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that will not run due to technical limitations of this operating system. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.[*]ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-6.5 products at any time.[/list]http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&amp;lang=en
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964166903
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4885
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957-------------------------------------------------------

Hi!

ZA junk mail never supported Eudora.
    Please stop hijack other users thread.

This is a user support problem to help users to resolve problems with ZA not a general chatting forum about what ZA should or should not have or do.

Please note that by posting at this forum you agree to the ToU and ToS of this forum as indicated here:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=Annoucements

Please do not be surprised that off topic messages are removed without any prior notice.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kritiker Guest

Moderator if possible, please delete this too. Thanks and Sorry.

Message Edited by Kritiker on 11-24-2008 11:29 AM

Thread Information