Thread: Can whitelist and blacklist info be extracted from ZoneAlarm?

jseyb Guest

Default Can whitelist and blacklist info be extracted from ZoneAlarm?

I'm using ZoneAlarm's Internet Security Suite, v 8.0.059, AntiSpam v 5.0.61.9957 - is there any simple way to extract or copy or export the whitelist and blacklist information from ZoneAlarm's junk email filtering system? I could do it by copying part of the screen and using optical character recognition and manual fixes, but hopefully there's a better way...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

jseyb Guest

Default Re: Can whitelist and blacklist info be extracted from ZoneAlarm?

Did find a simpler method that doesn't require cooperation from
    Zone Labs
    - TechSmith's SnagIt. It captures the scrolling windows as text that can be saved in files. Almost as nice as a hidden menu item in ZoneAlarm

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>jseyb wrote:
    Did find a simpler method that doesn't require cooperation from
    Zone Labs
    - TechSmith's SnagIt. It captures the scrolling windows as text that can be saved in files. Almost as nice as a hidden menu item in ZoneAlarm
    <hr></blockquote>
    jseyb,
    SnagIt is a cool tool to capture, edit and share screenshots; although unless you snagged it awhile back when it was a freebie on giveawayoftheday site - it's only a 30-day free to try piece of software.
    Thanks for sharing your solution which I'm sure will help others.
    Findley

jseyb Guest

Quite true - SnagIt is a commercial program - but it's one that seemed worthwhile. So far, it's the only practical way I've found to do some things like extracting the white and black lists from ZoneAlarm. SnagIt did this as text - the only other alternative I've found is to capture images and use an OCR program - that's very slow, and I've never managed it without error.
    --jseyb

Thread Information