Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MailFrontier/MailSafe is not properly addressing email challenges.

tubatax Guest

Default MailFrontier/MailSafe is not properly addressing email challenges.

When Zone Alarm's junk mail filter decides to challenge an incoming email, it is supposed to send out an email "challenge". This always worked fine before the last update to ZA 8.0. Now, ZA is not properly addressing the outgoing email challenges. For example, if I receive an (unknown) email from jwsmith@yahoo.com, then ZA addresses the challenge email to 'j'. That's right. Not, 'j@yahoo.com', just 'j'. Strange that it is just picking up the first letter of the email address only.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software per tech support email.
    Needless to say, every challenged email (and there are at least 50 each day) now has a corresponding "Undeliverable" message in my Inbox. Further, no one who is sending me an email is getting a challenge.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

stcd Guest

Default Re: MailFrontier/MailSafe is not properly addressing email challenges.

I am having the exact same problem. I hope there is a solution very soon.
    Windows XPZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite V.8Outlook Express 6.0

tubatax Guest

I have had no further luck or assistance yet.I originally emailed tech support over a week ago.
    It has now been 2 days since "Bill" last responded.
    He offered a couple of fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing specific to help.
    Currently, I am waiting for
    a reply.Maybe if more people email support with this problem, we will get a fix.
    Zone Labs tech support email is **bleep**.

Sorry your having problems with Sonic-Wall E-Mail challenge..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..1.) Personally I do not use that feature, because if you challenge Email from Spammers and Junk-mail sender, the challenges response Only Validates that your Address is a Valid Address and Spammers will continue to send mail to that Address and Sale your email address to other Email Spammers..2.) I encourage you to Continue Contacting ZA Tech support, even if you have to Create a New help Request Ticket..Continued communication and Feedback to Tech support will grease the wheel..Good Luck..ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:962957395
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4795
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stcd Guest

RE: 1.) Personally I do not use that feature, because if you challenge Email from Spammers and Junk-mail sender, the challenges response Only Validates that your Address is a Valid Address and Spammers will continue to send mail to that Address and Sale your email address to other Email Spammers..
    ZA should already know that, so why do they include the feature, then?
    I have only used ZA for less than a year. I somewhat regretfully recommended it to three novice PC users. They have had numerous problems. I will most likely let my current subscription expire, then get a new product.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>StCD wrote:
    RE: 1.) Personally I do not use that feature, because if you challenge Email from Spammers and Junk-mail sender, the challenges response Only Validates that your Address is a Valid Address and Spammers will continue to send mail to that Address and Sale your email address to other Email Spammers..ZA should already know that, so why do they include the feature, then?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) The Email challenge is a part of Mail Frontier Spam Filter made my SonicWall.. and not by Checkpoint..it was a Good feature 10 years ago, and many commercial businesses still use a Forum the the same challenge on their Web-sites to Challenge New users to stop Spam Bots from acquiring Access to their Web-site..2.) ZoneAlarm is one of the Few Worldwide Security Programs that has the Best Rates for Protection on the market today..There areDozens of less effective Security program, that provide basic firewall protection on a par with Windows one way firewall that have far less user intervention and give you a false since of Protection.. so "caveat Emptor.."Good luck..

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 11-06-2008 09:16 AM
    GeorgeV

tubatax Guest

Interesting discussion (though not relevent to the original question).Personally, I like the challenged mail feature.

Also, about 2/3 of my
    spam is not challenged, but sent directly to the Junk folder.
    ZA has worked great for me (with the exception of the current issue) for 6 years.
    I have never had a virus or other attacks.
    None the less, I would very much like to get the current issue fixed.ZoneLabs tech support please help!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Tubatax wrote:
    Interesting discussion (though not relevent to the original question).Personally, I like the challenged mail feature.Also, about 2/3 of myspam is not challenged, but sent directly to the Junk folder. ZA has worked great for me (with the exception of the current issue) for 6 years. I have never had a virus or other attacks.None the less, I would very much like to get the current issue fixed.ZoneLabs tech support please help!!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm Sorry that your Request for Help got Hi-jacked by another User..------------------This is a User supported ZA forum..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform

GeorgeV

stcd Guest

Thanks, Tubatax. Could you please post something here if ZA tells you of a fix? I'm curious as to what email client you are using? I know my OE6 is old, but I am still using it.

stcd Guest

Tech Support answered my ticket after about four days.
    He said:
    In Outlook (Express), click on ZoneAlarm options&gt;Challenges&gt;Email Server&gt;Restore Default Settings, then make sure the &quot;My Server Requires Authentication&quot; settings are correct. (They are.)
    I was able to successfully send a test email, but challenged emails STILL send to &quot;m&quot; instead of
    mitchet@no_more_spam.,com or whatever... so I am still getting challenged emails bounced back to me. Ugh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information