Thread: problem loading ebay pages

rvboutin Guest

Cool problem loading ebay pages

Hi,
    OK here is the small but rather annoying problem I have:
    While trying to go on eBay I cannot load "My eBay" and several others pages on eBay website. So I using the privacy advisor I have tried to add any possible address that appears while surfing on eBay... no success! So I tried to add *ebay.co.uk (and now *ebay.*) to the site list, allowing everything possible, no success either!
    Which is weird is that if I turn off all privacy setting, then it works fine!! I have to say eBay su##s!! not ZASS really as eBay is the only website I have that kind of problem with!
    Well, if anyone as a solution... I haven't found any that I haven't tried on the forum.
    Cheers
    Rv

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: problem loading ebay pages

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>rvboutin wrote:
    Hi,
    OK here is the small but rather annoying problem I have:
    While trying to go on eBay I cannot load "My eBay" and several others pages on eBay website. So I using the privacy advisor I have tried to add any possible address that appears while surfing on eBay... no success! So I tried to add *ebay.co.uk (and now *ebay.*) to the site list, allowing everything possible, no success either!
    Which is weird is that if I turn off all privacy setting, then it works fine!! I have to say eBay su##s!! not ZASS really as eBay is the only website I have that kind of problem with!
    Well, if anyone as a solution... I haven't found any that I haven't tried on the forum.
    Cheers
    Rv

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I use eBay and PayPal all the time,on both WinXP SP3 and Vista with ZASS with no problem..Make sure your Browser has Full Internet Access in Program control..However, the difference is that I turned off the Privacy Feature in ZASS.. No worry, as most Browsers provide the same or Better Privacy features..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964273686
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4905
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Same here with no problems on ebay/paypal
    on my XP Pro SP3/ZASS/FF
    I also have Cookie and Ad Blocking truned off and
    Mobile control is on inthe ZASS Privacy menu

rvboutin Guest

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your replies, but that was my point... if I turned all privacy control off, then it works fine! But why is eBay the only bl***y site that can cope with that? Do they need to load tons of advert and cookies to work?
    How does it come that even if you put *.ebay.* in the trust site it does not get through ZASS?
    I guess it means that eBay is loading a lot of stuff from third party website... is that good or bad? open question really!
    Cheers
    Rv

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Raideron wrote:
    Same here with no problems on ebay/paypalon my XP Pro SP3/ZASS/FFI also have Cookie and Ad Blocking truned off andMobile control is on inthe ZASS Privacy menu
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Just my two cents on ZASS with Vista Ultimate and eBay/Paypal. I have not had a problem..I had three ebay links listed and gave them Full across the board access,But I have since Turned all Privacy Funtions OFF..I have noticed that the Privacy Feature has been Removed from the New ZA Extreme BETA..as ForceFiled and most browsers do a Better job that the ZASS Privacy feature..
    GeorgeV

raideron Guest

You got me thinking George...
    So since I was on the XP Pro SP3/ZAISS/ForceField
    I went ahead and put both cookie and ad blocking to the Med. settingmobile has always been on.
    Signed in to ebay and surfed their pageswith no problem... Then just to make sure ZAISS Privacy was activeI restarted the computer checked ZAISS Privacy page to insure allwas active, which it was and again signed on to ebay with no problems.
    I also went alittle further(don't tell the boss) I went ahead and got 15DVD-RW disks and used paypal with no problems.... Well not yet..Lets see if the disks arrive here
    So.....
    rvboutin, You may have something else going on

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%" colSpan=3><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 2.2pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 1.5pt 1.5pt 1.5pt 1.5pt" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 1%; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" noWrap width="1%"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=bottom><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.<o></o></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #ffe680; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" vAlign=top width=8><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #ffe680; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" vAlign=bottom width="100%"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Check out these recently listed items from your favorite sellers.<o></o></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #ffe680; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0" vAlign=top width=8><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: right" align=right><o></o></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 3pt; mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #ffcc00; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 3pt" colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 2.2pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 1.5pt 1.5pt 1.5pt 1.5pt" cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Hi ebay User,
    Good news! New items and top picks have just arrived from the eBay sellers you like the best. Check this out:<o></o></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 1.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 1.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1.5pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 138.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 1.5pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top width=185><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"></IMG><o></o></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    GeorgeV

raideron Guest

MMmmmmm

:0

raideron Guest

Darn it George....
    Back on the Vista since its maintance/full scan
    is complete and now the XPis in that mode...
    Thanks alot
    First page I open was ebay.... Mmmmm I do havea bit of time before the boss finds out, like most the time when it arrives atthe door when I'm not here quickly thinking what to say... Justlike a week ago when my new $350
    RC plane made it to the door while Iwas gone... My quick thinking did very little to change my bosses reactionon that day.....

<DIV class=mediaContainer> Honest.. I don't know who ordered that from eBay.. <DIV class=mediaContainer><DIV class=mediaContainer>
    GeorgeV

Thread Information