Thread: junk mail filter terminates outlook express

grumpybill Guest

Default junk mail filter terminates outlook express

When the ZASS
    junk mail filter is enabled, I am unable to reply to or forward some e-mails in Outlook Express.
    Outlook Express terminates when I try to forward or reply.
    It doesn't seem to happen on all messages, but when it does it's consistent.
    I have reported this problem.
    I was first advised to do a reset, but that didn't resolve the problem.
    I was then told to disable all services and startup programs, to see which one was interfering.
    That didn't resolve the problem either. I am now waiting for another suggestion, but it seems to me that Tech Support is just going through the motions without any real idea of what's going on.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: junk mail filter terminates outlook express

<blockquote><hr>grumpybill wrote:
    When the ZASS
    junk mail filter is enabled, I am unable to reply to or forward some e-mails in Outlook Express.
    Outlook Express terminates when I try to forward or reply.
    It doesn't seem to happen on all messages, but when it does it's consistent.
    I have reported this problem.
    I was first advised to do a reset, but that didn't resolve the problem.
    I was then told to disable all services and startup programs, to see which one was interfering.
    That didn't resolve the problem either. I am now waiting for another suggestion, but it seems to me that Tech Support is just going through the motions without any real idea of what's going on.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>grumpybill,
    There are a number of threads in this forum on the issue of Outlook Express problem with reply and forwarding some emails; one such thread which discusses this problem without a definitive answer for everybody is at this link: http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...thread.id=9662
    It's an older thread (february 2008)
    but gives you a
    flavor for what others have tried.
    There are other threads on Outlook Express reply forward and crash which you can look at by using the search here on the forum and plugging in various search words like junk filter or Outlook Express crash, etc.
    Here's a sample forum search for Outlook Express crash at this link:
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...=&amp;board_id=
    Findley

grumpybill Guest

Since my original entry above, tech support has had me delete MailFrontier and restart -- didn't solve the problem.Then they had me do a complete uninstall and reinstall -- didn't work either.Then they called me and took me through several things:
    compact all folders -- didn't do any good; download and install all Microsoft updates (even the non-critical ones) -- didn't do any good;then restart in safe mode with networking and try again -- still no luck.Now he's planning to send me some instructions on what to do when the problem occurs -- apparently some sort of info-gathering process.I'll report further on whatever happens.He did tell me that tech Support has received no other reports on this happening, which surprises me.

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>grumpybill wrote:
    Since my original entry above, tech support has had me delete MailFrontier and restart -- didn't solve the problem.Then they had me do a complete uninstall and reinstall -- didn't work either.Then they called me and took me through several things:
    compact all folders -- didn't do any good; download and install all Microsoft updates (even the non-critical ones) -- didn't do any good;then restart in safe mode with networking and try again -- still no luck.Now he's planning to send me some instructions on what to do when the problem occurs -- apparently some sort of info-gathering process.I'll report further on whatever happens.He did tell me that tech Support has received no other reports on this happening, which surprises me.
    <hr></blockquote>grumpybill,
    Thank you for posting back - please keep this thread updated with your progress
    Regards,Findley

Thread Information