Thread: ZoneAlarm 6.0.2.39 Problem

jeromeh Guest

Default ZoneAlarm 6.0.2.39 Problem

The new version blocks Outlook send/receive while 6.0.2.22 did not. The problem is resolved by turning off Norton AntiVirus 2008, but this is not a satisfactory solution. I suspect that installation of 6.0.2.39 activated MailSafe, but there is no E-Mail tab in the ZoneAlarm window that enables me to turn MailSafe off. Can you fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

bigdawg_daddy Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 6.0.2.39 Problem

<blockquote><hr>JeromeH wrote:
    The new version blocks Outlook send/receive while 6.0.2.22 did not. The problem is resolved by turning off Norton AntiVirus 2008, but this is not a satisfactory solution. I suspect that installation of 6.0.2.39 activated MailSafe, but there is no E-Mail tab in the ZoneAlarm window that enables me to turn MailSafe off. Can you fix this?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>Nobody but us User in this User Forum..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do not
    Monitor this Forum..

Customer Service
    www.zonealarm.com/csform

or www.zonealarm.com/support/
    click on Live Chat Icon
    ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    1.) are you using ZAFree 8.0.065, or ZAFree 6.0.2.39?
    Please read this Forum link..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798

jeromeh Guest

ZAFree 6.0.2.39 caused the problem. It was the version that automatically downloaded from the ZA web site. I checked your link and I do not have any problem downloading or installing, only the Outlook conflict after install. I am using NAV 2008, Spy Sweeper, and Spybot Search and Destroy. As mentioned, ZAFree 6.0.2.22 works great but the new version blocks Outlook send/receive unless I turn NAV 2008 off, so there must be some conflict. When I installed ZAFree, I unselected the ZA toolbar, spy blocker, and all other options. Thanks for your help.

bigdawg_daddy Guest

<blockquote><hr>JeromeH wrote:
    ZAFree 6.0.2.39 caused the problem. It was the version that automatically downloaded from the ZA web site. I checked your link and I do not have any problem downloading or installing, only the Outlook conflict after install. I am using NAV 2008, Spy Sweeper, and Spybot Search and Destroy. As mentioned, ZAFree 6.0.2.22 works great but the new version blocks Outlook send/receive unless I turn NAV 2008 off, so there must be some conflict. When I installed ZAFree, I unselected the ZA toolbar, spy blocker, and all other options. Thanks for your help.
    <hr></blockquote>1.) the conflict with Outlook, may be caused by improper configuration of Program control..Make sure Outlook has Trusted, Internet Access and Send Mail , all Green check marks..

Maybe this Forum link will help since your also trying to use other Security Programs at the same time..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34772

jeromeh Guest

In ZoneAlarm, Outlook has green check marks for Access Trusted and Access Internet. I do not see any entry for Send Mail. I question whether the problem is a conflict with other security software because my older version, now in use, works just fine with the same programs.

jeromeh Guest

Actually the current version that works is 7.0.483.000. I entered an incorrect version in my original post. Sorry.

jeromeh Guest

ZAFree old version 7.0.483.000 works. Installed 8.0.065.000 with no Spy Blocker toolbar and a clean install. Could not use Outlook 2003 for dialup or for high speed internet. Turned NAV 2008 off and Outlook worked fine, turned NAV 2008 back on and Outlook failed both send and receive but high speed internet could receive while send failed because password was not recognized, even after correct user name and password was entered correctly. Conclusion, ZAFree 8.0 is not compatible with Norton AntiVirus. Does CheckPoint have a fix for this?

Thread Information