Thread: Program Trying To Access Outlook email information

mbutler203 Guest

Default Program Trying To Access Outlook email information

For the past few weeks, ZA has popped up a window which states that "a program" is trying to access email accounts in Outlook. The window does not tell me which program is trying to access the information, therefore I have always denied access. Is there any way to determine which program is trying to access the data? I don't know if it's a program on my hard drive or one from a remote web site. Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike Butler
    Jackson, TN

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Program Trying To Access Outlook email information

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client (Outlook) needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965828366
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5025
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mbutler203 Guest

Default Re: Program Trying To Access Outlook email information

Thank you for this information. I will check each item out in a minute. The thought also occurred to me that Facebook may be asking to look at my email address file. On their website there is an action icon which, when clicked, would allow Facebook to search my contacts list, trying to find someone with which to connect. I've never given Facebook permission to make such a search of my contacts (which are held in Outlook 2007) but it just occurred to me Facebook might be the culprit.

Thread Information