Thread: Outlook not shutting down completly on exit

alehanz Guest

Default Outlook not shutting down completly on exit

I guess this is the right place, if not sorry.
    When I close my computer it hangs with Outlook (2003) not closing down, even when I click 'end now'. This only occurs with ZASS open and operating. I then need to manually close the PC down. Restart is fine.
    After using Outlook I can exit the program with no error message, but it appears to be running in the background; OUTLOOK.EXE still present and alive in the processes tab on Win Task Mgr.
    I have a registered ZA ISS version 8.0.059.000, AntiSpam version 5.0.61.9957. Mailsafe in and out, and junk email filters all ON. Anti-virus on-access scan is turned OFF due to the shocking memory issues ZA has caused me.
    I am running XP sp3, MS office 2003 sp3, Outlook as the mail client.
    How do I fix please?
    ThanksAndrew

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Outlook not shutting down completly on exit

Whoa! this was a problem ages ago for me, but is not now.
    In any case, you may want to try the shutown helper
    http://www.daveswebsite.com/software...wn/index.shtml
    I used to run a file OLSDAW2K.exe version 0.0.0.0, but the version likely changed since then.

The Outlook shutdown job is written by David Levinson and looooooooong ago I downloaded it from his site and paid $5.00 when it worked and worked really well.

Watch it, because apparently there are files out there with the same name that might contain malware.

I had Outlook2003 not shutdown if I used Send file from a file menu instead of directly from Outlook - but that's all history by now, I think sp3 fixed it, but I don't recall

alehanz Guest

Default Re: Outlook not shutting down completly on exit

Thanks for the hint, trying the download from Dave's now. This problem is only reared it's head since ZA was installed. I have SP3 on both Office and the XP OS.Cheers :-)

Thread Information