Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mailbuddy in Outlook2007

garyrmacc Guest

Default Mailbuddy in Outlook2007

I recently re-installed ZA Internet Security Suite vs 8.0, and enabled the Junk e-mail filter. However,there is no tool bar or any indication that the junk email filter is in place or working. Also, there is no provision to import my contacts (address book) into the "Advanced" section of the junk email filter. Was this feature removed in this version? There is no addin for Mailbuddy in the Trust Centre - "Com Add-ins" of Outlook 2007. Any comments?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Mailbuddy in Outlook2007

Hi!yes, there is no mailbuddy plug-in in Outlook 2007.The add-inis called "SONICWALL Anti-Spam Desktop"Look in the last group "Disabled Application Add-ins".
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>garyrmacc wrote:
    Also, there is no provision to import my contacts (address book) into the "Advanced" section of the junk email filter. Was this feature removed in this version?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Never saw this features in any version of ZA anti spam. Are you sure your are referring to the same product?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garyrmacc Guest

Thanks, as I suspected. However, there is no disabled add-in called SonicWall anti-spam desktop in Outlook nor is there any files on my computer remotely close to SonicWall.

With regard to being able to import Contacts (address book) into the spam filter, I was sure this could be done in early versions of Zone Alarm but I may be mistaken.

Hi!is the item listed under the 'ACTIVE add-in applications'?Or is it listed under the 'INACTIVE add-in applications'?Cheers,Fax

garyrmacc Guest

No, it does not appear under the Active Application add-ins, Inactive or Disabled List.

Ok then Go to "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm" do you see a "Mailfrontier" folder?If not you have not installed ZASS 8. If you see the Mailfrontier folder then, REBOOT your PC and do NOT open OutlookGo to ZA e-mail protection tab --&gt; Under Junk e-mail filter turn it OFF (if it is ON) --&gt; wait a couple of minutes --&gt; Now turn it ON.Open Outlook 2007... if Outlook has no particular adhoc settings it should load it.Cheers,Fax

garyrmacc Guest

Yes, I do have the Mailfrontier folder, and I have tried the process you mention, but still no luck. The process &quot;mantispam.exe&quot; , which from searching should be the SonicWall anti-spam, is running but still no tool bar or any indication in Outlook that the addin is present.

Hi!very strange... it works perfectly here...Did it ever worked before? Have you just installed ZA? Are you registered user?IF you are licensed user you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Explain in detail what you have alredy done to resolve the issue.Cheers,Fax

garyrmacc Guest

If I recall, it worked fine previously. I had un-installed it about 6 months ago and switched to Norton Internet Sec 2009, but removed it because of so many program conflicts; and re-installed ZA a couple of days ago. Yes, I am a licensed, registered user. I have a second computer, which has Outlook 2003 and it works just fine on that one.

I will try doing a clean install and see if that helps. If not, I will contact support.

Thanks for your time. Will post results after the issue is resolved.

You're welcome!Keep us posted, really wonder what is the problem....Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information