Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mailbuddy in Outlook2007

garyrmacc Guest

Default Re: Mailbuddy in Outlook2007

After numerous tries with Zone Alarm Tech Support, no success. However, I would like some help from Outlook 2007 owners using the latest version of Zone Alarm Security Suite vs. 8.0.059.000. Can someone check the "Trust Center" in Outlook 2007 - Com Add-ins and see what the "Com add-in" for the SonicWall Frontier anti-spam filter (junk email)is called and if the file name is evident. It should either be an .exe file or .dll file. I have asked Zone Alarm Tech Support for the info but they just keep sending the the standard "try this next" email. If I knew which file generated the "com add-in", I could probably solve this myself as it is not being generated when I re-install the Zone Alarm suite. Thanks.

HI!yes, it is called "SonicWALL antispam desktop" pointing to "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier\mlfoshim.dll". Type (COM Add-in)You should also try what suggested here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=10458Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garyrmacc Guest

Eureka! I now have the anti-spam filter and the toolbar shows up in Outlook. I followed the steps in the link from member "seventhgate" as suggested and it worked, with a couple of minor notes. I had tried to add in the "mlfoshim.dll" previously as the add-in but kept getting the error that is was not a valid "Com add-in" for Outlook 2007, so assumed I had the wrong file. I will repeat the solution here:

1. Click START and then RUN.
    2. Type in CMD and hit ENTER. A new window will come up.
    3. In that window do "cd\" then hit enter. Window should say C:\>
    4. Type in cd "Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier" (use the quotations here) then Enter
    5. Type in "regsvr32 mlfoshim.dll -u" hit Enter and then click ok to popup.
    6. Type in "regsvr32 mlfoshim.dll" hit Enter and click ok to popup.

Try launching Outlook again and see if that works. If not, we may need to remove the plug-in from Outlook and then perform those steps.

garyrmacc's comments:

(Initially, after Step 5, I received an error "-----failed", so I performed Step 6, then repeated step 5, then Step 6 again and it installed the add-in to Outlook. In my case, the SonicWall Anti-Spam Desktop showed up in the "Com add-ins" in Outlook 2007, but it was disabled. I went to Manage -"Com add-ins" and simply re-enabled it and it now works).

Thanks everyone for the help.

Gary

You're welcome!Glad to see this is finally sorted out...Thank you for taking the time to report backCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>garyrmacc wrote:
    After numerous tries with Zone Alarm Tech Support, no success. However, I would like some help from Outlook 2007 owners using the latest version of Zone Alarm Security Suite vs. 8.0.059.000. Can someone check the "Trust Center" in Outlook 2007 - Com Add-ins and see what the "Com add-in" for the SonicWall Frontier anti-spam filter (junk email)is called and if the file name is evident. It should either be an .exe file or .dll file. I have asked Zone Alarm Tech Support for the info but they just keep sending the the standard "try this next" email. If I knew which file generated the "com add-in", I could probably solve this myself as it is not being generated when I re-install the Zone Alarm suite. Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Here is my Outlook2007 "Trusted Center Com-Add-ins list --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975870436
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5135
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security