Thread: Analyzing Email: SLOW!!

petergoode Guest

Default Analyzing Email: SLOW!!

I just upgraded to 8.0.298.000 (ZA Internet Security Suite)
    on my wife's Vista Home Premium Dell system, and note that every time she opens her Windows Mail program, the window pops up which states "analyzing email"...and it persists for a couple of minutes each time, blocking access to the Windows Mail program.
    It has already analyzed all the emails in the inbox, deleted, etc, yet keeps doing this...for now, I simply turned off email scanning...just wondered if there's an explanation for this.
    Thanks.
    Peter

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

thestewman Guest

Default Re: Analyzing Email: SLOW!!

I have the same problem since upgrading to 8.0.298.000 . They don't
    know how to fix it. The security suite uses software from other companies
    and it has never worked.

petergoode Guest

Default Re: Analyzing Email: SLOW!!

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone...guess it has something to do with a conflict between their junk mail analyzing function and something in Windows Mail.
    In the meantime, I am still battling another problem, specifically ZA blocks Windows Update....if I uninstall and reinstall, Update works for about three days, then blocks access...I cannot ping the update site...after several back and forth emails with their tech support, I am now down to the last option, i.e. a down to the core removal of all ZA files via their removal software and registry scan...then reinstall...I really am losing patience with this...very time consuming, obviously...though I guess my situation must be relatively unique since I do not seen scads of posts here referencing a similar problem.
    Oh well, life is short....and I may end up using a different company's software...probably should blame it on Vista, since ZA runs fine on my other three XP systems at home.
    pg

Thread Information