Thread: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled

bobster_c Guest

Default Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled

Hello, I have Outllook 2007 and Windows Vista SP1 and recently installed latest version of ZA Security Suite v8.0.289.

The Outlook spam filter seems to be working ok on my partners Windows account but when I login to my account (with admin rights) and open Outlook, I get the dreaded message telling me Outlook has stopped working and closes.
    When I try to restart Outlook, it asks me to diable the spam filter add on.
    Outlook will only successfully restart if I disable the add-on otherwise it closes almost immediately.

I have tried re-installing both Zonealarm and Outlook without success.
    I also have Outlook connector add-on installed but I am wondering if this may be causing conflict?
    Does anyone have any suggestions or known fixes?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

_jb_ Guest

Default Re: Outlook 2007 crashes when Spam filter add-on enabled

Just realised I had the same problem when I installed the trial version of Extreme Security. I had the disable the Outlook connector add-in and it's working now. However it would be nice to be able to use it.This may be a reason for me not to purchase this product.Can anyone help?

bobster_c Guest

I have partially fixed this now.
    The problem on my system appears to be a conflict between Outlook connector add in (which you need for Hotmail integration) and the spam filter.
    I unistalled outlook connector and the spam filter add-in started working.
    I then reinstalled outlook connector and the conflict didn't re-appear although now the second Windows account is having problems with the filter so issue also seem related to multiple accounts.
    Only way I have now got this account working is to not avoid making Hotmail account the default.
    I have raised a ticket with Zonealarm 3 days ago but no response yet.
    Seems strange as there must be a lot of people out there having probs.

johncart Guest

I am having the same problem. XP Pro SP3, just installed Office 2007, set up Outlook, added a Hotmail address using the Outlook Connector and suddenly Outlook crashes and wants to disable the Sonicwall add-in.

Come on ZA - when is this going to be dealt with?

I have been using Outlook 2007 with ZoneAlarm on both WinXP and Vista for Years..and Outlook 2003 for years before that with ZoneAlarm Suite with no problem..So there is nothing for Checkpoint to Fix..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. --------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982079503
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5695
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bobster_c Guest

Hi, I agree that it is difficult to diagnose and fix problem remotely but this is the only support service offered by Checkpoint and I don't think software companies invest enough in the support side vs development of product and sales.
    But putting that aside, I also don't think you are correct in stating that there is nothing for Zonealarm to fix...seems a very sweeping statement based on your own experience.
    As you have said, there are many different set-ups options that come into play and from my own experience, I had a brand new PC, installled latest version of Zonealarm as clean install (as with Office 2007) and hit this problem.
    So my own experience and seeing lots of other posts on this site from other users with similar problems does suggest there are certain conditions which cause compatibility issues where there shouldn't be......Checkpoint cannot eliminate all issues but I tend to think there is evidence of a problem that that is more than just a rare occurance hitting small number of users.
    I also suspect a lot of users will end up with spam filter disabled after first Outlook crash and potentially not notice running or care too much.
    As I said in my last post, I've managed to get it working fully on at least 1 account so happy to leave it for now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>bobster_c wrote:
    Hi, I agree that it is difficult to diagnose and fix problem remotely but this is the only support service offered by Checkpoint and I don't think software companies invest enough in the support side vs development of product and sales. But putting that aside, I also don't think you are correct in stating that there is nothing for Zonealarm to fix...seems a very sweeping statement based on your own experience. As you have said, there are many different set-ups options that come into play and from my own experience, I had a brand new PC, installled latest version of Zonealarm as clean install (as with Office 2007) and hit this problem. So my own experience and seeing lots of other posts on this site from other users with similar problems does suggest there are certain conditions which cause compatibility issues where there shouldn't be......Checkpoint cannot eliminate all issues but I tend to think there is evidence of a problem that that is more than just a rare occurance hitting small number of users. I also suspect a lot of users will end up with spam filter disabled after first Outlook crash and potentially not notice running or care too much.As I said in my last post, I've managed to get it working fully on at least 1 account so happy to leave it for now.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, My Replay was intended for Johncart the user who Hi-Jacked your Trend..
    If you still need elp with ZoneAlarm, as a Licensed User of ZoneAlarm you also have Access to ZA Tech support Directly..
    This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..

ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do not Read or Monitor this Forum..

There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services.. Tech Support & Customer Service click on Support link in my Signature then click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key)
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 20th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information