Thread: Some Internet Explorer favorites do not open when using ZA Extreme Security

Hybrid View

jfranklin Guest

Default Some Internet Explorer favorites do not open when using ZA Extreme Security

I recently installed ZA Extreme Security.
    I am running Windows XP Home Edition and Internet Explorer version 7.
    I notice that when I click on some (but not all) of my "Favorites", the webpage does not open, i.e. the link is "dead".
    In these cases, when I position the mouse cursor on the name of the favorite, the web address does not pop up (contrary to the case of those favorites that are "live&quot.
    If I
    type the address of the "dead" links manually in the browser address window, the webpage opens normally.
    Thinking that there might be a problem with the privacy settings, I turned to the Help tab of my ZA Extreme Security and found the entry "Setting privacy options for specific web sites".
    This states that "When you browse the Internet, the sites you visit are added to the privacy site list, where you can specify custom privacy options for that site. You also can add a site to the list to customize privacy settings" and that "The list displays sites you have visited in your current ZoneAlarm security software session, and sites for which you have previously customized settings. If you do not customize settings for a site you've visited, it is dropped from the list when you shut down your computer or shut down ZoneAlarm security software."
    This sounded promising, so I tried to access the privacy site list, the instructions for doing which were "To access the Privacy site list: Select Privacy/Site List".
    The only problem is that I cannot find a "Privacy" tab anywhere in my ZA Extreme Security software.
    It's as if the Help referred to another version of ZA (without ForceField?).
    Can anyone explain what is wrong with certain of my favorites and how I can correct the issue?
    Many thanks.
    James

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

jeffdesantis Guest

Default Re: Some Internet Explorer favorites do not open when using ZA Extreme Security

I have also
    been experiencing the
    problem on some of my Internet Explorer favorites failing to open for about a week as of today (13-Apr-2009).I installed Zone Alarm Extreme Security 2008 8.0.298.035 on 2-Apr-2009.I am running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13.
    Some additional information:If I open
    the Favorites Center
    in Internet Explorer and
    right click on a Favorite which works selecting properties, then the
    Properties of the favorite appear showing both a General tab and a Web Document tab.If I do the same thing for a non functioning Favorite, then only
    a General tab appears, a Web Document tab does not appear.

Thread Information