Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: email filtering

reenfield Guest

Default email filtering

My zonealarm filtering in Outlook has quit working. I have checked the apporiate boxes in zone alarm and it still does not work. Help

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: email filtering for ZASS 8.0

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>reenfield wrote:
    My zonealarm filtering in Outlook has quit working. I have checked the apporiate boxes in zone alarm and it still does not work. Help

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:5.x &lt;=== Vers 5.x no longer Supported
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    1.) shut down Outlook..2.) go into ZA Control Center, click on Email Protection, Main page3.) Make sure ALL three options are ON..4.) if Email Junk Mail Filter is ON, then Turn it OFF.. Wait a minute, then Turn it back ON..5.) Exit ZA Control Center and Start up Outlook again..6.) Now the The SonicWall Popup should display and the Junk, UnJunk, ZoneAlarm Options Tool-Bars should now load..--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:981051740
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5605
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 03-25-2009 05:28 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

reenfield Guest

Thanks GeorgeV. That did the trick. I guess I should have thought of that but I didn't

Your Welcome..Thank you for your Progress Report..
    GeorgeV

aristawines Guest

I tried the same thing...no luck. At least now I get a pop-up from Zone Alarm saying Outlook must be restarted to turn it off or turn it on.

Here's the version of ZASS i am running:ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982162849
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5715
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Everything was fine until the beginning of the week. Can a Lexmark Printer installation (model X6675) Wireless, cause a problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Aristawines wrote:
    I tried the same thing...no luck. At least now I get a pop-up from Zone Alarm saying Outlook must be restarted to turn it off or turn it on.

Here's the version of ZASS i am running:ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982162849
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Everything was fine until the beginning of the week. Can a Lexmark Printer installation (model X6675) Wireless, cause a problem?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) your using a very old copy of ZASS.. there have been two major update.. ZASS 8.0.298.0352.) ZoneAlarm ver. 8.0 was Re-Designed to work BEST with Windows XP Service pack 3..

<B class=headblack2>System Requirements for all ZoneAlarm Products*:[/B]Microsoft
    Vista SP1:
    <UL class=body><LI>2 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor <LI>Minimum system RAM: 2 GB (32-bit) and 4 GB (64-bit) <LI>250MB of available hard disk space. Internet access </LI>[/list]

* Free ZoneAlarm Firewall is not available for Vista 64-bitMicrosoft
    Windows
    XP SP2, SP3, Home or Professional Edition:
    <UL class=body><LI>1 GHz 32-bit processor or higher <LI>Recommended system RAM: 768 MB <LI>250MB of available hard disk space
    </LI>[/list]--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982155978
    GeorgeV

aristawines Guest

On July 18th of 2008 I purchased an upgrade from Zone Alarm Firewall to Zone Alarm Security Suite with a license for 3 users. In that time ZoneAlarm has been automatically going online for updates...wouldn't buying it or the update process have made the version I'm using more current than Version 8.0.059.000.?
    If I update Windows XP to service pack 3, will some of the email filtering problem be solved?
    Thanks for the help!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Aristawines wrote:
    On July 18th of 2008 I purchased an upgrade from Zone Alarm Firewall to Zone Alarm Security Suite with a license for 3 users. In that time ZoneAlarm has been automatically going online for updates...wouldn't buying it or the update process have made the version I'm using more current than Version 8.0.059.000.?
    If I update Windows XP to service pack 3, will some of the email filtering problem be solved?
    Thanks for the help!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1. most likey yes..2. One major precaustion.. a.) I would shut down ZoneAlarm first before installing MicroSoft Service pack three, b.) Service Pack 3 will install Major changes st Windows XP, both to Windows Files, Registry and Security changes that may Corrupt or conflict with ZoneAlarm If it is running when SP3 is installed..
    c.) ZoneAlarm ver. 8.0 was designed to be installed Alfter SP3 has already been installed.. d.) if you have a problemm with ZA after SP3 is installed, then You will need to do a Clean Uninstall and re-Install of ZA V8.03.) The simplest procedure is to :1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire,BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeSave to desktop, right click and "run as administrator"This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions.
    (you can un-install without net connections)5.) Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAX issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    --------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982411735
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5725
    GeorgeV

jackiej Guest

I just posted elsewhere to this same effect. The Clean tool you recommend does NOT remove all ZASS products. It left the entire ZA folder, and I had to do a complete uninstall to remove it.

I did everything you suggested and everything everyone else has ever suggested for this problem, and the spam filter is not even popping up, let alone finding spam. I did install it AFTER installing SP 3 (Windows XP Home), and I am using the most recent version, 8.0.298.035, and it worked fine for months. Suddenly it stopped. I removed all spyware programs, compacted my inbox, completely uninstalled ZA, completely reinstalled ZA, tried a reset, tried turning off mail protection and turning it back on, rebooting in between.

This is a wonderful product when it works, but it is deeply flawed.
    -jackie

on top of allno security tool will be able to defend you if you run them on a vulnerable paltform.So, expect to be infected again very easily with Only WinXP Sp2...SP3 fixed hundreds of vulnerability. If you don't move to SP3 , it would be better for you tochange OS (MAC? Linux?)
    GeorgeV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information