Thread: Junk Email Scan (SonicWall)

roadman Guest

Default Junk Email Scan (SonicWall)

I am having problems with ZoneAlarm 8.0.298.00.
    Whenever I check my Email the SonicWall window comes up but it just sits there and then Outlook Express just shuts down.
    Before today (3/26/2008) SonicWall would scan my Email but the green status bar (the bar that moves across as the Email is scanned would never show up (it would still work otherwise before today.
    I have tried the suggestion of turning Email scan off and then back on but still does not work.
    I have also uninstalled and then re-installed 8.0.298.000.
    I have since installed 8.0.059.000 and it works with no problems.
    Please help as I would like to use the lastest ZoneAlarm software but cannot use it due to the issues above.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

medukie Guest

Default Re: Junk Email Scan (SonicWall)

For whatever it's worth, I'm having a similar problem; except that, after re-installing, I no longer even get the Sonic Wall 'box'. It is installing, however, as I've got the toolbar options. Clicking on 'Scan Selected Folder' does nothing. I look forward to someone having an answer for us both.

remartin Guest

I too am having the same issue.

medukie Guest

Additional Information I've discovered: This computer is set up for two users with two identities in addition to the Administrator. It seems the Junk Mail scan works for one identity but not the other. We've been using ZASS for years and this is a new problem since the latest update.

gneumm Guest

<blockquote><hr>roadman wrote:
    I am having problems with ZoneAlarm 8.0.298.00.
    Whenever I check my Email the SonicWall window comes up but it just sits there and then Outlook Express just shuts down.
    Before today (3/26/2008) SonicWall would scan my Email but the green status bar (the bar that moves across as the Email is scanned would never show up (it would still work otherwise before today.
    I have tried the suggestion of turning Email scan off and then back on but still does not work.
    I have also uninstalled and then re-installed 8.0.298.000.
    I have since installed 8.0.059.000 and it works with no problems.
    Please help as I would like to use the lastest ZoneAlarm software but cannot use it due to the issues above.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>

I have the same problem with the same product. I found that the e-mail junk folder has never been emptied. Deleting some of the 12000 messages sitting in the junk folder manually has seemed to help the problem but I am looking for a fix to the faxt that I have Junk Emails sitting in the folder since August 2008. Even though I have my setting set for 3 days

Anyone know a fix to get the Junk folder emptied?

Thread Information